If you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life. And lucky for COCM, Scott Schatzer loves to serve others.
Scott is the Talent Recruitment and Wellness Coordinator at the Capstone corporate offices, assisting the operations team in the recruitment, hiring and onboarding of field staff and managing COCM’s Learning Management System and Employee Retention and Wellness Program. Scott formerly served as the Director of Housing Operations for the first-year community on the campus of Marshall University, where he earned the prestigious COCM Excel Award.
On this episode of Student Housing Matters, Scott joins guest host Alton Irwin for the third in a series of conversations with Excel Award winners to discuss the respect for the past and community support unique to Marshall University. Scott reflects on what his colleagues at Marshall said about his passion to help others, sharing how he approaches each day as a servant leader. Listen in to understand the satisfaction Scott gets from recruiting the best employees possible and supporting COCM’s current employees—so they can better serve our residents, campus partners and each other.
- Scott’s former role as Director of Housing for the first-year community on the campus of Marshall University
- The respect for the past and community support unique to Marshall University
- What Scott is responsible for in his new role as Talent Recruitment and Wellness Coordinator at COCM
- How visiting other sites helps Scott better serve his colleagues at COCM
- How connecting with a mentor at COCM led Scott to work for the organization
- Scott’s appreciation for the opportunity to grow as a student housing professional through COCM
- What Scott’s colleagues have to say about his passion to help others, leadership ability and work ethic
- How Scott approaches each day with the intention to be a servant leader
- The satisfaction Scott gets from recruiting the best employees possible and supporting COCM’s current employees—so they can best serve our residents, campus partners and owners
Connect with Scott
Connect with Alton