Skip to content
Pre-Opening Services that COCM Provides:
- We consult with institutions and owners on the development of facilities, including suggesting finishes, fixtures, furnishings, key protocols/strategies, technology (video cameras, wi-fi, television), and any possible modifications to the architectural plans to make the building more operationally successful and resident friendly.
- We recruit and hire qualified staff to operate and provide excellent experiences to residents.
- We train COCM professional and student staff members using “Capstone University,” which includes both in-person and standardized on-line courses, including fair housing, sexual harassment, customer service, emergency response and preparedness, and other housing services related topics. This ensures a consistent experience for residents.
- We collaborate with campus partners on the integration of new student housing into the campus community. This includes discussions and recommendations on housing processes, protocols, policies and procedures for marketing, applications/contracting, room assignments, RA staffing, billing and collections, judicial processes, security, move-in/move-out, and living/learning options.
- We produce materials for residents, including summer communication (room assignments, preparing for move-in), electronic resident handbooks, rules and regulations, “how to” information and resident programming calendar(s).
- We coordinate move-in activities, including process, pre-opening communication to residents, building setup, and check-in process oversight. Our “golden ticket” approach results in a hassle-free move-in experience for your students.