San Diego, CA
Job Title: Preventative Maintenance Technician (PMT)
Location: The Suites on Paseo – San Diego, CA
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: $16.00/hour with competitive benefits package. Opportunity for growth and career advancement.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Preventative Maintenance Technician is one for someone who wants a career, who is willing to learn various skills, and wants to have a career in the facility maintenance field. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining the community to a higher standard of cleaning and preventative measures are completed to ensure facilities are operating as intended.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in performing basic maintenance functions that may be assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining the grounds, building common areas, and exterior of the building.
- Ensure minor building systems are functioning as intended, chutes, locks, windows, appliances
- Assist in cleaning debris from the sidewalk, including weather-related.
- Assist in removing all trash and refuse from the building.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools such as hammers, saws, and drills.
- Assist in painting and drywall projects when necessary.
- Replace light bulbs, lamps, and clean fixtures.
- Aid in preparing the vacant unit for new tenants.
- Assist in escorting and monitoring vendors while on-site providing a service.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Participate in on-call rotation for emergency call-outs.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practices safe work habits.
- Identifies and reports work orders for maintenance needs.
- Contribute to the overall success of the maintenance department by performing essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Custodial experience with the willingness to learn general maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to move and lift to 50lbs and navigate up and dow
The hourly rate is $16.00. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K and opportunity to advance in the career field.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.