Davenport, IA, US
Job Title: Porter
Location: Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa
Reports to: Director of Housing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Full-time
Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining the grounds, building common areas, and exterior of the building.
- Assist in cleaning snow and debris from sidewalk.
- Assist in removing all trash and refuse from the building.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools such as hammers, saws and drills.
- Assist in painting and drywall projects when necessary.
- Replace light bulbs, lamps, and clean fixtures.
- Aid in preparing vacant unit for new tenants.
- Assist in performing basic maintenance functions that may be assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist in escorting and monitoring vendors while on-site providing a service.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Participate in on-call rotation for emergency call outs.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to building operations and practices safe work habits.
- Identifies and reports work orders for maintenance needs.
- Contribute to the overall success of the maintenance department by performing essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, candidate must have high school diploma or general education degree (GED), custodial experience with willingness to learn general maintenance tasks and to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be open to flexible scheduling and overtime.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Salary commensurate on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.