Cleveland, OH, US
Job Title: Porter
Location: The Triangle Towers Community at Case Western Reserve
Reports to: Facilities Manager and/or Lead Maintenance Tech
Salary: $13.50 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager and/or Lead Maintenance Tech, the Porter is responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, repair, and cleaning at the Triangle Towers and Property Management Buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to all resident maintenance requests within 24 hours as assigned by Facilities Manager and/or Lead Maintenance Tech
- Perform minor wall repair, appropriate painting skills, and general common area cosmetic repairs.
- Completes light-duty resident work orders for light bulbs, clogged toilets, filter changes, smoke detector batteries, and blinds.
- Remove snow and ice from building entryways as supplemental service of CWRU snow removal.
- Assists with a preventative maintenance program that includes, but not limited to light checks, emergency lights, and fire extinguishers checks.
- Cleans grounds, remove litter/debris, cigarette butts, and emptying of exterior trash cans.
- Removes all trash refuse and recycling from the building and exterior common areas.
- Cleans and maintains clean and orderly trash compactor spaces.
- Other duties as assigned
Hours are generally Monday through Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two to three years experience of custodial experience with a willingness to learn general maintenance tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
COCM is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.