Montclair, NJ, US
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: The Heights (On-Campus Residence Hall) at Montclair State University
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 Per Hour (based on qualifications)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Heights is a residence hall community at Montclair State University located in Montclair, NJ. Capstone On-Campus Management is responsible for all aspects of operational management for The Heights. The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Technician is to collaborate with the overall facilities staff to upkeep, maintain, repair, and renovate the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for:
- Participate in 24-hour maintenance on-call duty rotation (requires 30-minute response time).
- Completes work orders and tasks including painting, plumbing, stocking, electrical, HVAC repairs, and other responsibilities.
- Assists with maintaining inventory of tools and equipment. Organizes and secures maintenance shop and other locations
- Participates in the facility’s maintenance plan, preventive maintenance, and maintaining work order logs.
- Respond to all work orders within 24 hours.
- Works to support the entire maintenance team in their duties and responsibilities.
- Follow proper safety procedures such as using appropriate safety equipment and following health & safety policies.
- Excel in customer service projecting a customer-focused and professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers.
- Participates in meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and serving on a 24-hour maintenance on-call duty rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Individual must have 2-3 years of general maintenance experience.
- HVAC – only as allowed by law without EPA certification.
- Basic plumbing
- Basic electrical (when no license is required).
- General carpentry.
- Drywall and painting.
- Strong organization and time management.
- Focused on customer service.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.