Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Cleveland, OH
Reports to: Facilities Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Facilities Manager and Lead Maintenance Tech; the Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for assisting in all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repairs. Duties include, but are not limited to, general maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and projecting a student-focused and professional image with all internal and external interactions. The Maintenance Technician serves in an on-call rotation for maintenance emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, on a rotating basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in a 24-hour emergency maintenance on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
- Responds on-site within 45 minutes for emergency calls. Must have reliable transportation.
- Participates in the facilities maintenance plan, preventive maintenance schedule, and responds to all service requests within 24 hours.
- Works in support of the whole Facilities Team in their duties and responsibilities; creating a student first environment excelling in customer service, communication, and quality of service.
- Performs general plumbing repairs including leaks, drains, toilets, sinks, showers, and gaskets.
- Performs electrical repairs including but not limited to bulb and ballast replacement, fixtures, sockets, outlets, and GFCIs.
- Completes painting and drywall repair and/or replacement projects as scheduled.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and tools routinely and as directed by their Supervisor.
- Maintains, cleans, and organizes storage and Maintenance Shop daily.
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement of entry door, lock, and key systems.
- Completes exterior maintenance repairs and projects as set forth by their Supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains entranceways, walkways, common areas, and hallways to ensure they are clean, clear, and safe for pedestrians and students.
- Handles daily removal of building trash and recycling.
- Assists with restoring the rooms and common areas to their original condition upon resident or guest move-out through maintenance and repairs.
- Works overtime (when approved) and understands that there will be no leave approved during the turn periods of this property outside of emergency and unforeseen situations.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are followed and Personal Protective Equipment is used.
- Takes part in regular inspections of the buildings and systems as required by their Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Minimum three to five years of relevant experience and expertise in plumbing, HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems as well as generally accepted maintenance practices.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
Post-Secondary education such as Associate’s Degree or Vocational Degree in a Trade, Facilities Management, Project Management, or a related field
Knowledge of chilled water systems fan coil units.
Previous experience working with facilities maintenance in student housing or campus facilities
Salary is $16.50 per hr and a competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.