Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Towson Place Apartments
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repair for an assigned residential halls and/or apartment areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responds to all maintenance requests/calls within a reasonable timeframe
• Identifies facilities deficiencies and recommends remedies.
• Participate with the after-hours on-call response rotation.
• Works mandatory overtime as needed
• Provides escorts to contractors on-site
• Assists with room set-ups and furniture movement
• Performs inspections when units are vacated
• Conducts daily general inspections of assigned building(s) and reports findings to the Maintenance Supervisor
• Performs preventative maintenance assignments on time.
• Submits requests for proper material/supplies to complete repairs
• Consults with Maintenance Supervisor daily on progress and impending issues.
• Displays knowledge, skills and quality workmanship at all times
• Other duties as assigned
• Highschool Diploma or GED
• 1-2 years of general maintenance experience
• Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
• Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
• Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers