Salisbury, MD, US
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: University Park Apartments, Salisbury, MD
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university. University Park Apartments is 253 apartment units, of 4×4, 4×2, 2×2 and 2×1 units totaling 890 beds, with community clubhouse, volleyball, swimming pool, and fitness center serving the students of Salisbury University.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repair for an assigned apartment area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to all maintenance requests/calls within a reasonable timeframe.
- Identifies facilities deficiencies and recommends remedies.
- Participate with the after-hours on-call response rotation.
- Works mandatory overtime as needed.
- Provides escorts to contractors on-site.
- Assists with room set-ups and furniture movement.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Conducts daily general inspections of assigned building(s) and reports findings to the Supervisor.
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments on time.
- Submits requests for proper material/supplies to complete repairs.
- Consults with Maintenance Supervisor daily on progress and impending issues.
- Displays knowledge, skills and quality workmanship at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of general maintenance experience.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting, diagnostic skills and critical thinking skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
- Must have personal initiative, when seeing a needed repair fixes it to improve the community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary commensurate on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.