Phoenix, AZ, US
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Fusion on First at Arizona State University (Downtown Phoenix Campus)
Reports to: Assistant Director of Facilities
Salary: $18.00 – $21.00 per (Full-time, 40 hrs. per week)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COCM and Arizona State University have formed a unique partnership focused on providing an exceptional on-campus living experience for ASU students at the Downtown Phoenix Campus. Team members work to provide a positive and comfortable living environment for students at Taylor Place and Fusion on First. Taylor Place is a high-rise residential community for 1284 students, with a variety of gathering spaces, dining options, and retail stores. Fusion on First is 13 floors of apartment-style student housing (532 residents) above a three-story high-tech innovation hub for the arts geared towards such academic programs as design, popular music, fashion and is home to the Herberger Institute of Design and the Arts.
The Maintenance Technician at Fusion on First is primarily responsible for performing general maintenance and building repairs, plumbing, appliance repair, electrical and HVAC repairs. Perform some custodial, building operations, and general facility-related service maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to perform general maintenance repairs: basic plumbing, flooring, painting, electrical, appliance repair and HVAC repairs
- Ability to fix and repair mechanical items
- Conduct facility and student room inspections, identify the type of repair work needed
- Respond to maintenance requests within two hours of receipt of the request
- Respond to service requests for facility or equipment setups
- Oversee maintenance and care of equipment, tools, and supply inventory
- Assist with the moving and relocation of furniture, fixtures, and appliances.
- Assess room damage and determine fair charges for billing
- Observe work safety and health protection policies and procedures
- Ability following directions and work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to work after hours and on weekends when necessary; respond to on-call maintenance issues as needed
- Self-motivated and show initiative to start and complete tasks
- Excellent customer service skills, pleasant and professional demeanor
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and serving on a 24-hour maintenance on-call duty rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 4 years experience working in maintenance trades (i.e. plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, HVAC, painting, electrical, etc.)
- Experience working in residential or commercial facilities
- Experience in heating/cooling systems, chilled water-cooling systems, air-handlers, boilers, pumps, and refrigeration equipment
- Detail-oriented with good troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the facility and property.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50 pounds; ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Critical thinking, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a residential environment with college-age students.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including, health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage and 401k. Paid holidays and paid vacation.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com
COCM is an equal opportunity employer.