Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: The Daumier at Western University of Health Sciences
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Technician is to collaborate with the overall Facilities Staff to upkeep, maintain, repair, and renovate campus property. The Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs basic building functions and such things as appliances, entry keys and lock systems, windows, flooring, walls, ceilings, electrical equipment, sprinkler equipment, generators, emergency lighting, interior and exterior building lighting, fire alarms, extinguishers, security systems, thermostats, changes filters and performs preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment, and building plumbing systems. Duties include painting, plumbing, maintaining work logs, stocking and organizing the maintenance shop, and keeping machinery and equipment in good working order. Projecting a customer-focused and professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers is essential. The Maintenance Technician serves in an on-call rotation for maintenance emergencies 24-hours per day, 7 days per week, on a rotating basis with the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to all maintenance requests/calls within a reasonable timeframe.
- Identifies facilities deficiencies and recommends remedies.
- Participate in the after-hours on-call response rotation.
- Works mandatory overtime as needed.
- Provides escorts to contractors on-site.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Conducts daily general inspections of assigned building(s) and reports findings to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments on time.
- Submits requests for proper material/supplies to complete repairs.
- Consults with Maintenance Supervisor daily on progress and impending issues.
- Displays knowledge, skills and quality workmanship always.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 1-2 years of general maintenance experience
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our residents & customers.
- Ability to move and lift to 50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.