Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: First-Year Residence Halls – Marshall University
Reports to: Assistant Director of Maintenance
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The First-Year Residence Halls (FY North and FY South) is seeking a new Maintenance Technician to join our team. Both buildings are located on the campus at Marshall University in Huntington, WV. Our facilities house over 800 + Marshall University students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of this position will be to work closely with other maintenance staff members to maintain daily maintenance operations and to assume responsibility for completing work order and other projects under the direction of the AD of Maintenance and Director of Operations. Areas of responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interior and exterior repairs
- Key / lock systems
- HVAC repairs
- Electrical repairs
- Plumbing repairs
- Interior / exterior cleaning
- Supply / equipment inventory
- Preventative maintenance tasks
- Building walks
- Web-based training modules
- All other duties assigned
The Maintenance Technician will load/unload trucks, move equipment/supplies, move office / residential furniture, and perform tasks that require lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying items up to 100 lbs. This position does serve on an on-call rotation with two other maintenance staff members.
Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and at times have overtime hours.
Highschool Diploma or GED
- Have a minimum of 6 months of maintenance experience.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our students.
Successful candidates must have a valid driver’s license and must pass a background check and drug screenings.