Bowling Green, OH
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Bowling Green State University
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: $14.50 – $15.90 Per Hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COCM has a Maintenance Technician opening at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, OH. COCM manages three buildings on campus which include Centennial Hall, Falcon Heights and Falcon Landing. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor; the Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for assisting in all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation and repairs. Duties include, but are not limited to, general maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and projecting a student focused and professional image with all interactions. The Maintenance Technician serves in an on-call rotation for maintenance emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, on a rotating basis (must be within a 30-minute response time).Typical work schedule will be set by the Maintenance Supervisor based on community needs and can vary depending on the time of year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in a 24-hour emergency maintenance on-call rotation (must be within a 30-minute response time).
- Participates in the facilities maintenance plan, preventive maintenance schedule, and responds to all service requests within 24 hours.
- Works in support of the entire site staff within their duties and responsibilities; creating a student first environment excelling in customer service, communication, and quality of service.
- Performs general plumbing repairs including leaks, drains, toilets, sinks, showers, and gaskets.
- Performs electrical repairs including but not limited to bulb and ballast replacement, fixtures, sockets, outlets, GFIs, and HVAC Systems.
- Completes painting and drywall repair and/or replacement projects as scheduled.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and tools routinely and as directed by their supervisor.
- Maintains, cleans, and organizes storage and maintenance shop daily.
- Assists with maintaining and cleaning of common areas as needed.
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement of entry door, lock, and key systems.
- Completes exterior maintenance repairs and projects as set forth by their supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains entranceways, walkways, common areas, and hallways to ensure they are clean, clear, and safe for pedestrians and students.
- Assists with restoring the rooms and common areas to their original condition upon resident or guest move-out through maintenance and repairs.
- Works overtime (when approved) and understands that there will be no leave approved during the turn periods of this property outside of emergency and unforeseen situations.
- Must have the ability to travel between buildings to complete task as needed. Traveling between buildings could occur multiple times per day.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are followed and personal protective equipment is used.
- Takes part in regular inspections of the buildings and systems as required by their supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have 2-3 years of general maintenance experience and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and E-mail).
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our students.