Salisbury, MD, US
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: University Park Apartments (Salisbury University)
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: $14.00 – $18.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university. University Park Apartments is 253 apartment units, of 4×4, 4×2, 2×2 and 2×1 units totaling 890 beds, with community clubhouse, volleyball, swimming pool, and fitness center serving the students of Salisbury University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repair for an assigned apartment area.
- Responds to all maintenance requests/calls within a reasonable timeframe.
- Identifies facilities deficiencies and recommends remedies.
- Participate with the after-hours on-call response rotation.
- Works mandatory overtime as needed.
- Provides escorts to contractors on-site.
- Assists with room set-ups and furniture movement.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Conducts daily general inspections of assigned building(s) and reports findings to the Supervisor.
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments on time.
- Submits requests for proper material/supplies to complete repairs.
- Consults with Maintenance Supervisor daily on progress and impending issues.
- Displays knowledge, skills and quality workmanship at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and serving on a 24-hour maintenance on-call duty rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Individual must have 1-2 years of general maintenance experience.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting, diagnostic skills, and critical thinking skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
- Must have personal initiative, when seeing a needed repair fixes it to improve the community.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.