Huntington, WV, US
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: First Year Residence Hall, Marshall University, Huntington, WV, US
Reports to: Assistant Director of Maintenance
The First Year Residence Halls (FY North and FY South) is seeking a new Maintenance Technician to join our team. Both buildings are located on the campus at Marshall University in Huntington, WV. Our facilities house over 800 + Marshall University students.
The Maintenance Technician position is a full time (40 hours per week) and at times has overtime hours. The main responsibilities of this position will be to work closely with other maintenance staff members to maintain daily maintenance operations and to assume responsibility for completing work order and other projects under the direction of the AD of Maintenance and Director of Operations.
Essential Areas of Responsibilities
- Interior and exterior repairs
- Key / lock systems
- HVAC repairs
- Electrical repairs
- Plumbing repairs
- Interior / exterior cleaning
- Supply / equipment inventory
- Preventative maintenance tasks
- Building walks
- Web-based training modules
- All other duties assigned
- The Maintenance Technician will load / unload trucks, move equipment / supplies, move office / residential furniture and perform tasks that require lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying items up to 100 lbs. This position does serve on an on-call rotation with two other maintenance staff members.
Successful candidates must have a valid driver’s license, have a minimum of 6 months of maintenance experience, must pass a background check and drug screening. Salary ranges from $12.00 per hour to $13.00 per hour and will have the opportunity to enroll in health benefits and a 401K plan.