Des Moines, WA, US
Job Title: Maintenance Tech
Location: Highline College, Des Moines, WA, US
Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university.
COCM has a Maintenance Technician opening at Campus View Student Housing at Highline College in Des Moines, WA. Campus View has two-bedroom and four-bedroom apartments for only students attending Highline College. For more information about Campus View Student Housing, please visit https://www.highline.edu/campusview/
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Technician is the overall facilities upkeep, maintain, repair, and renovate campus property. The Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs basic building functions and such things as appliances, entry keys and lock systems, windows, flooring, walls, ceilings, electrical equipment, sprinkler equipment, generators, emergency lighting, interior and exterior building lighting, fire alarms, extinguishers, security systems, thermostats, changes filters and performs preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment, and building plumbing systems. Duties include painting, plumbing, maintaining work logs, stocking and organizing the maintenance shop, and keeping machinery and equipment in good working order. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers is essential. The Maintenance Technician MAY serve in an on-call rotation for maintenance emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on a rotating basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the facilities maintenance plan, preventive maintenance schedule, and responds to all service requests within 24 hours.
- Works in support of the entire site staff within their duties and responsibilities; creating a student first environment excelling in customer service, communication, and quality of service.
- Performs general plumbing repairs including leaks, drains, toilets, sinks, showers, and gaskets.
- Performs electrical repairs including but not limited to bulb and ballast replacement, fixtures, sockets, outlets, and GFIs.
- Completes painting and drywall repair and/or replacement projects as scheduled.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and tools routinely and as directed by their supervisor.
- Maintains, cleans, and organizes storage and Maintenance Shop daily.
- Assists with maintaining and cleaning of common areas as needed.
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement of entry door, lock, and key systems.
- Completes exterior maintenance repairs and projects as set forth by their Supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains entrance ways, walkways, common areas, and hallways to ensure they are clean, clear, and safe for pedestrians and students.
- Assists with restoring the rooms and common areas to their original condition upon resident or guest move-out through maintenance and repairs.
- Works overtime (when approved) and understands that there will be no leave approved during the turn periods of this property outside of emergency and unforeseen situations.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are followed and Personal Protective Equipment is used.
- Takes part in regular inspections of the buildings and systems as required by their Supervisor.
- Participates in a 24-hour emergency maintenance on-call schedule.
- Responds on-site within 30 minutes for emergency calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have 2-3 years of general maintenance experience and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and E-mail).
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hourly salary commensurate on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.