Job Title: Housing Operations Manager
Location: Campus Corner Apartments – Green River College
Reports to: Director
Salary: $56,000.00 -$61,000.00 per year and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the general direction and leadership of the Director of Residential Life and Housing, the Housing Operations Manager provides day-to-day direction for leasing, housing assignments, marketing, housing fee collection, and occupancy management. The Housing Operations Manager provides general direction on the planning and implementation of Residential Life programs for an apartment style unit serving 340 residents. The Housing Operations Manager provides direction and leadership for project-based work to maintain student accounts. The Housing Operations Manager serves as an integral part of the CCA staff team in advancing the Green River College’s commitment to student engagement, student success and retention, equity and inclusion. The Housing Operations Manager will provide direct leadership and supervision for (1) Residential Complex Coordinator and (1) Student Accounts Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Director in providing leadership and direction for CCA; serve as the main contact in the absence of the Director.
- Assist the Director with management and provide direct leadership for housing assignment operations, retention strategies, turn and assessment; participate in short and long-range strategic planning, budgeting, site turn coordination, and assessment.
- Directly supervise, train, develop, and evaluate one live-in Residential Life Coordinator. Indirectly supervise up to 10 student staff members.
- Directly supervise, train, develop, and evaluate one live-in Student Accounts Coordinator.
- Support marketing initiatives, campus partner engagement and policy enforcement.
- Staff and/or support major initiatives such as such as Quarter Move-in/Move Out, New Resident Orientation, Resident Appreciation Days, Welcome Events etc.
- Provides overall leadership and coordination for prospective resident management and housing assigning processes.
- Oversees project-based work for the implementation and collection of housing fees and refunds as applicable.
- Partner with campus partners and stakeholders to coordinate leasing of prospective students.
- Manage Housing Agreement e-signing process.
- Provide accurate records with regards to past due accounts and assist in the collection of past due accounts.
- Leads and coordinates social media presence.
- Oversee opening and closing processes each quarter.
- Maintain student files, vacancy information, and occupancy waitlist information within PropertyBoss database.
- Support the assessment, identification, and response processes to ensure resident units are move-in ready.
- Partners with International Programs, and other campus partners, on opening and move in processes.
- Maintains occupancy information and trends.
- The position requires a regular workday with additional responsibilities in the evenings and weekends as needed.
- Serves in a weekly professional duty rotation. While on duty, serve as a resource and back up to the RA staff, and respond to major incidents. Note: Being on duty requires the Associate Director to be within a 30-minute response radius of the community.
- Manage budget responsibilities within the position as assigned.
- Review, update, and enforce policies and handbooks as assigned.
- Communicate work orders, repair and replacement needs, and support maintenance and custodial services
- Attend meetings as scheduled and required
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree related Counseling, Communications, e.g.)
- 2-3 years of experience in residential life, student programs, and/or student leadership/development
- Experience responding to and managing crises involving college students
- Experience collaborating with and meeting the needs of underrepresented groups, enhancing inclusion, and advancing social justice
- Student development theory, leadership development theory within inclusion and social equity frameworks
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Teams
- Social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Techniques for effective presentations and communication in a multicultural environment
- FERPA, Title IX, and other applicable laws, rules, ordinances, and regulations related to students
Salary commensurate on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.