Job Title: Property Manager
Location: Towson Place Apartments in Towson, MD
Reports to: Regional Manager
Salary: $65,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year, staff apartment and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary responsibility of the Property Manager is site management at Towson Place Apartments, in Towson Maryland adjacent to Towson University. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, fiscal oversight; leasing and marketing; programming and student development; client relations; enforcement of policies and supervision of employees. The responsibilities of the Property Manager require a combination of managerial and interpersonal skills aimed at supporting the housing staff and residents while running a fiscally efficient operation. The Property Manager must work collaboratively with the community, campus partners, and COCM staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties include day-to-day oversight of site operations.
- Supervise various levels of staff members.
- Ensuring that marketing and leasing initiatives are constantly evaluated and updated according to market conditions.
- Oversees human resource functions such as benefits, worker’s compensation claims, payroll processing, hiring, training, and evaluating direct and indirect reporting staff.
- Represent the site and provide communication about the residential community to campus partners, owners, and COCM corporate staff.
- Distributes weekly status reports about the residential community including a weekly operations report and leasing status report.
Facilities and Maintenance:
- The Property Manager will ensure execution of daily facilities maintenance, preventative maintenance plan, grounds, and housekeeping.
- Identify vendors and negotiate contracts for services provided.
- Manage annual turn of units between contracts including communication with vendors, housing, and contract maintenance staff, and walking units for final preparation prior to student move-in, as well as daily/weekly walks of the community ensuring it is in top leasing condition.
- Works directly with maintenance staff to ensure the completion of work orders in a timely manner.
Marketing and Leasing:
- The Property Manager will directly coordinate leasing and marketing initiatives, which includes the development and execution of a marketing plan and leasing timeline.
- Updates and maintains the site website.
- Participates in various recruitment events to market the residential community to prospective residents, within the campus community, local community, and various organizations.
- The Property Manager will provide fiscal oversight by managing the operating and capital budgets which include developing annual budget proposals, presenting budgets to the stakeholders for approval.
- Ensures all expenditures fall within budget expectations.
- Plans for unexpected expenses.
- Tracking and approving expenditures via accounts payable functions.
- Submits monthly budget variance explanations.
- Communicate with COCM accountant staff.
- Will guide the development and execution of the residential life curriculum and student programming within the residential community.
- Serve as housing appeals conduct officer and maintain records.
- Will participate in after-hours on-call emergency response rotation.
- The Property Manager position requires a regular workday with additional responsibilities in the evenings and weekends as needed.
- Participates in after-hours on-call emergency response rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field of study.
- 3-5 years of experience in conventional property management with significant experience and success in leasing and marketing.
- Must possess effective skills in customer service, group facilitation, leadership, and organization.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, and computer competency.
- Experience in facilities management or asset management including creation, implementation, and management of operating and capital budgets.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K. Compensation includes a 2BR/1 bath apartment unit on-site and includes utilities and use of community amenities.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.