Job Title: Director of Facilities & Operations
Location: Rountree Commons Residence Hall (Platteville, WI)
Reports to: Regional Manager
Salary: $55,000-$65,000 per year (commensurate with experience) and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary responsibility of the Director of Housing is to and manage all business and facility-related functions for Rountree Commons, a 620-bed suite-style facility owned by the UW-Platteville Real Estate Foundation and located in Platteville, WI. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, fiscal oversight, budget development, collections, client relations, maintenance/custodial services, capital projects, accounts payable, and supervision. The responsibilities of the Director of Housing require a combination of managerial and interpersonal skills aimed at supporting the staff and residents while running a fiscally efficient operation. The Director of Housing must work collaboratively with campus partners at UW-Platteville (Residence Life, Dining Services, Information Technology Services, etc.) and COCM staff.
Rountree Commons is an affiliated but independent entity separate from the UW-Platteville that provides housing for UW-Platteville students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties include day-to-day oversight of site operations.
- Supervise various levels of staff members.
- Oversee human resource functions such as benefits, worker’s compensation claims, payroll processing, hiring, training, and evaluating direct and indirect reporting staff.
- Represent the site and provide communication about the facility to campus partners, owner, auditors, state/county/city stakeholders and COCM corporate staff.
- Distribute weekly status reports about the facility including a weekly operations report and leasing status report.
Facilities and Maintenance:
- The Director of Housing will ensure execution of daily facilities maintenance, preventative maintenance plan, grounds, and custodial.
- Identify vendors and negotiate contracts for services provided.
- Interpret and enforce contracts.
- Manage annual turn of units between contracts including communication with vendors, housing, and contract maintenance staff, and walking units for final preparation prior to student move in.
- Directly work maintenance staff to ensure completion of work orders in a timely manner.
- The Director of Housing will provide fiscal oversight by managing the operating and capital budgets which includes developing annual budget proposals, presenting budgets to the ownership for approval.
- Ensure all expenditures fall within budget expectations.
- Plan for unexpected expenses.
- Track and approve expenditures accounts payable functions.
- Submit monthly budget variance explanations.
- Communicate with COCM accountant staff.
- The Director of Housing position requires a regular workday with additional responsibilities in the evenings and weekends as needed.
- Participates in afterhours on call emergency response rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education or Business or a related field of study.
- 3-5 years of experience in Housing/Residence Life/Facilities at a college or university.
- Experience working with undergraduate student populations.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, and computer competency.
- Experience in facilities management or asset management including management of operating and capital budgets (preferred).
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.