Boca Raton, FL
Job Title: Custodian
Location: Florida Atlantic University
Reports to: Custodian Supervisor
Salary: $10.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Custodian is responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the interior and exterior of the building(s) and grounds in a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to cleaning, scrubbing, washing, sweeping, dusting, and removal of debris. Projecting a customer-focused and professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Cleans halls, stairways, public restrooms, offices, lounges, elevators, trash rooms, corridors, and all common areas.
• Use of personal protective equipment (PPE), as needed.
• Cleans resident units as needed.
• Sweeps, scrubs, and mop all lobbies, trash rooms, recycle rooms, and hallways.
• Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, elevators, and blinds.
• Dusts furniture.
• Washes walls, ceiling, light fixtures, and woodwork.
• Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
• Empties wastebaskets.
• Replenishes bathroom supplies.
• Picks up debris and recyclables inside building(s), near the building(s) entry and grounds.
• Completes all items on Weekly Housekeeping Checklist.
• Ensures that all green policies are followed including the use of chemicals as directed.
• Collects recyclables daily.
• Other duties as assigned.
Hours are generally Monday through Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• At least 1 year of experience in working within a janitorial and/or custodial position which required general cleaning skills.
- Must have troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
- Must have personal initiative, when seeing a need for cleaning within the community.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
COCM is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.