Job Title: Custodian
Location: Towson University – Millennium Hall
Reports to: Facilities Director
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Custodian is responsible for overall cleanliness and maintenance of grounds, interior building, common areas, and exterior of building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming of hallways, stairwells, office spaces, and other common areas.
- Assists in emptying office trash and common area trash receptacles.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter and debris from sidewalks.
- Maintains all common areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in moving furniture in and out of student rooms and between buildings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Custodial experience with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and navigate up and downstairs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.