Job Title: Custodian
Location: The Village, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Reports to: Custodial Supervisor
Salary: $15.00 – $15.50 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Custodian is responsible for overall cleanliness and maintenance of grounds, interior building, common areas, bathrooms, offices, exterior of building, units, and turnover cleaning. The Custodian will project a student focused and professional image with all internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in support the whole Facilities Team in their duties and responsibilities; creating a student first environment excelling in customer service, communication, and quality of service.
- Conducts sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming of hallways, stairwells, office spaces, bathrooms, kitchens, and other common areas.
- Assists in emptying office trash and common area trash receptacles.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter and debris from sidewalks.
- Clean around main dumpster areas of debris and trash.
- Maintains all common areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in moving furniture in and out of student rooms and between buildings.
- Clean and sanitize public and in-residence restrooms, including replenishing bathroom supplies.
- Sweep, scrub, and mop floors as well as vacuuming rugs and carpeting.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, as well as extract carpeting and upholstered furniture.
- Clean, dust and wipe furniture.
- Collect and dispose of trash. Pick up debris and recyclables inside and outside the building.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows, door panels, and sills.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings and events.
- Use and maintain assigned equipment: floor scrubber, dry carpet extractor, pressure washer, vacuums, brooms, mops, squeegees, etc.
- Follow instructions and safety procedures regarding the use of chemicals and supplies.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools.
- Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Prepare the building and student rooms for camps/conferences and move in. This includes extensive deep cleaning of bedrooms, kitchenettes, and bathrooms as well as common area spaces such as kitchens, hallways, etc.
- Works overtime as needed for turns and move out/ move in.
- Always conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Custodial experience with willingness to learn.
- Ability to lift 35-50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Salary commensurate on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.