Job Title: Custodian
Location: University of South Florida
Salary Range: $9.00 To $10.00 Hourly
Capstone On-Campus Management at University of South Florida seeks a full-time Custodian to clean common areas, restrooms, offices and in units. Experience with safe equipment operation and cleaning products expected. Responsibilities will include routine cleaning and upkeep of all common areas in building including stairwells, elevators, hallways, bathrooms, offices, lounges, kitchens and suites.
All applicants must have good communication skills and must be willing to submit to a background check and drug test prior to employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in support the whole Facilities Team in their duties and responsibilities; creating a student first environment excelling in customer service, communication, and quality of service.
- Clean common areas which includes halls, stairways, public restrooms, common area bathrooms, offices, lounges, elevators, laundry room, trash rooms, corridors, kitchens, stairs, kitchen, etc.
- Clean and sanitize public and in-residence restrooms, including replenishing bathroom supplies.
- Sweep, scrub, and mop floors as well as vacuuming rugs and carpeting.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, as well as extract carpeting and upholstered furniture.
- Clean, dust and wipe furniture.
- Collect and dispose of trash. Pick up debris and recyclables inside and outside the building.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows, door panels, and sills.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings and events.
- Use and maintain assigned equipment: floor scrubber, dry carpet extractor, pressure washer, vacuums, brooms, mops and squeegees.
- Follow instructions and safety procedures regarding the use of chemicals and supplies.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools.
- Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Respond to emergencies when necessary.
- Complete all items on Daily Cleaning Checklist.
- At times clean apartments prior to move in or during a facilities emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or GED; and at least 1 year of experience in working within a janitorial and/or custodial position which required general cleaning skills.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Two to four years of relevant experience and expertise in janitorial, custodial and/or cleaning services as well as in generally accepted janitorial / custodial practices.
- Certification in a recognized Janitorial/Sanitation system and/or product.
- Previous experience working within a custodial program in student housing campus facilities or hospitality management industry
Capstone offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including medical, eye, dental, 401K retirement and education reimbursement to its employees, for more information on benefits