Job Title: Assistant Director of Residence Life
Location: Campus Corner Apartments at Green River College
Reports to: Director of Residential Life and Housing
Salary: $40,000.00 -$45,000.00 Annually, two-bedroom apartment, and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the general direction and leadership of the Director of Residential Life and Housing, the Assistant Director provides live-in, day-to-day direction for leasing, housing assignments, marketing, housing fee collection, and occupancy management. The Assistant Director provides general direction on the planning and implementation of Residential Life programs for an apartment-style unit serving 340 residents. The Assistant Director serves as an integral part of the CCA staff team in advancing Green River College’s commitment to student engagement, student success, and retention, equity, and inclusion. The Assistant Director will provide direct leadership and supervision for (1) the Residential Life Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Director in providing leadership and direction for CCA; serve as the main contact in the absence of the Director.
- Assist the Director with management and provide direct leadership for housing assignment operations, retention strategies, turn and assessment; participate in short and long-range strategic planning, budgeting, site turn coordination, and assessment.
- Directly supervise, train, develop and evaluate one live-in Residential Life Coordinator. Indirectly supervise approximately 10 student staff members.
- Support marketing initiatives, campus partner engagement, and policy enforcement.
- Staff and/or support major initiatives such as Quarter Move-in/Move Out, New Resident Orientation, Resident Appreciation Days, Welcome Events, etc.
- Provides overall leadership and coordination for prospective resident management and housing assigning processes.
- Oversees implementation and collection of housing fees and refunds as applicable.
- Partner with International Program Housing to coordinate leasing of prospective residential International Students.
- Manage Housing Agreement e-signing process.
- Provide accurate records with regards to past due accounts and assist in the collection of past due accounts.
- Leads and coordinates social media presence.
- Oversee opening and closing processes each quarter.
- Maintain student files, vacancy information, and occupancy waitlist information within the PropertyBoss database.
- Support the assessment, identification, and response processes to ensure resident units are move-in ready.
- Partners with International Programs housing on opening and move-in processes.
- Maintains occupancy information and trends.
- The position requires a regular workday with additional responsibilities in the evenings and weekends as needed.
- Serves in a weekly professional duty rotation. While on duty, serve as a resource and back up to the RA staff, and respond to major incidents. Note: Being on duty requires the Assistant Director to be within a 30-minute response radius of the community.
- Manage budget responsibilities within the position as assigned.
- Review, update and enforce policies and handbooks as assigned.
- Communicate work orders, repair and replacement needs, and support maintenance and custodial services
- Attend meetings as scheduled and required
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, occasional evening office hours, and serving on professional on-call duty rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Student Affairs, Higher Education, or related area (Counseling, Communications, e.g.)
- Two (2) years of experience in residential life, student programs, and/or student leadership/development
- Experience responding to and managing crises involving college students
- Experience collaborating with and meeting the needs of underrepresented groups, enhancing inclusion, and advancing social justice
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Business, or another related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience within Residential Life, Community Colleges, or other related areas.
- Supervisory experience.
- A willingness to learn and co-manage administrative operations.
- Experience with crisis management.
- Student development theory, leadership development theory within inclusion and social equity frameworks
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Teams
- Social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Techniques for effective presentations and communication in a multicultural environment
- FERPA, Title IX, and other applicable laws, rules, ordinances, and regulations related to students
This is a live-in position. Staff apartment is a part of the compensation package. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K. Salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
COCM is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.