Job Title: Assistant Director of Operations
Location: Bowie State University – The Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community
Reports to: Director of Affiliated Housing
Salary: $47,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bowie State University is a historically black college and university in the midst of one of the nation’s most exciting metropolitan areas, within easy reach of Washington, DC, and Baltimore. At the same time, it boasts a serene campus on a 300-acre suburban wooded tract. With seven residence halls, the University is a hub of 24/7 undergraduate life, yet it also offers convenient evening classes and online courses to serve employed professionals seeking to move ahead in their careers.
The Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community (ELLC) is seeking applicants for the Assistant Director of Operations role at Bowie State University. The ELLC will open its doors to students for the first time in fall 2021 – 557 beds, with 557 suite-style units. The primary responsibility of this position is to contribute towards the overall management of university housing for students residing in the ELLC. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, fiscal monitoring; program development and implementation; supervision of student staff; student development and contact; enforcement of housing policies; publications and marketing, and reporting; leasing plan implementation.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Director of Operations is to contribute toward the overall management of university student housing for the Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community at Bowie State University. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, fiscal monitoring, and overseeing all clerical tasks associated with accounts receivable and residents’ accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect rental payments and issue a receipt for payment.
- Coordinate data entry of receipts and charges to student accounts.
- Coordinate all mailings to residents regarding billing, payment, and collection notices.
- Complete the daily deposits of accounts receivable.
- Participate in monitoring the site-operating budget.
- Provide accurate records with regards to past due accounts and assist with the collection of past due accounts.
- Work with Director to notify the University and MEDCO of any past due accounts.
- General filing and office duties.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Process all site invoices.
- Complete weekly and monthly financial reports a needed.
- Assist with resident account inquiries and collections processes.
- Serve in the on-call emergency duty rotation.
- Implement financial aid awareness programs for residential students.
- Establish and maintain a professional connection with university partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm and participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years related experience working with college students preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Salary commensurate on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.