Job Title: Apartment Maintenance Technician
Location: First Year Residence Halls at Marshall University
Reports to: Assistant Director of Maintenance
Salary: $15.50 – $17.50 per hour and comprehensive benefit package
FLSA Status: Exempt
The First Year Residence Halls is seeking a new Apartment Maintenance Technician to join our team. Both buildings are located on the campus at Marshall University in Huntington, WV. Our facilities house over 800 + Marshall University students.
The Apartment Apartment Maintenance Technician position is full-time (40 hours per week) and at times has overtime hours. The main responsibilities of this position will be to work closely with other maintenance staff members to maintain daily maintenance operations and to assume responsibility for completing work orders and other projects under the direction of the Assistant Director of Maintenance and Director of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to all maintenance requests/calls within a reasonable timeframe.
- Identifies facilities deficiencies and recommends remedies.
- Participate in after-hours on-call response rotation.
- Works mandatory overtime as needed.
- Provides escorts to contractors on-site.
- Assists with room set-ups and furniture movement.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Conducts daily general inspections of assigned building(s) and reports findings to the Assistant Director of Maintenance.
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments on time.
- Maintains supply and equipment inventory and informs Assistant Director of Maintenance when items need to be ordered.
- Consults with Assistant Director of Maintenance daily on progress and impending issues.
- Displays knowledge, skills, and quality workmanship.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 1-2 years of general maintenance experience.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our residents & customers.
- Ability to move and lift up to 50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.