East Peoria, IL
Job Title: Apartment Maintenance Technician (Full-Time)
Location: Campus Housing at Illinois Community College in East Peoria, IL
Reports to: Director of Housing
Salary: $19.00 per hour and and a competitive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Apartment Maintenance Technician works with other staff, including students, to address all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repairs. The Apartment Maintenance Technician serves in an on-call rotation for maintenance emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, on a rotating basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completing hands-on, technical and maintenance projects including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, preventative maintenance tasks, painting, and drywall repairs.
- Providing daily maintenance service to resident’s units as requested by resident via a work order system or as directed by staff.
- Managing work orders and proactively prioritizing needs as they arise.
- Monitors and maintains entranceways, walkways, common areas, and hallways to ensure they are clean, clear, and safe for pedestrians and students.
- Maintains, cleans, and organizes storage, Maintenance Shop, and equipment/tools daily.
- Providing inventory control of maintenance items, submitting requests for proper material/supplies to complete repairs.
- Handles daily removal of building trash and recycling.
- Provides escorts to contractors on-site.
- Assists with room set-ups and furniture movement.
- Inspecting move-in and move-out units, as well as vacant units.
- Participates in on-call rotation as needed and available to work scheduled weekends as well as overtime during heavy turn periods or as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of general maintenance experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, yet very capable and trustworthy of working individually.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.