San Diego, CA
Job Title: Apartment Maintenance Technician
Location: The Essential near San Diego State University – San Diego, CA
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: $20.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Apartment Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for routine inspection and maintenance of key equipment and building system coinciding with manufacture specifications and local / state regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regular inspections and maintenance of HVAC, Fire Safety, and other equipment as required by system manufacturers and local, state and federal laws.
- Maintain, clean, and organize storage and Maintenance Shop daily.
- Maintain, repair, and replace public area, office, and residential furniture as needed. Assemble and move furniture as needed.
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement of entry door, lock, and key systems.
- Perform electrical repairs including but not limited to bulb and ballast replacement, fixtures, sockets, outlets, and GFCIs.
- Complete exterior maintenance repairs and projects as set forth by supervisor(s). This includes light snow removal and some landscaping.
- Unload and stock equipment and other supplies from loading dock, storage, and Maintenance areas.
- Assist Maintenance Technician(s) with work order completion when necessary.
- Complete special projects such as painting, plumbing, and other system repairs.
- Assist with restoring the rooms and common areas to their original condition upon resident move-out through cleaning and repairs.
- Participate in the maintenance on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-2 years of general maintenance experience.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
- Ability to move and lift to 50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.