Des Moines, WA
Job Title: Office Coordinator
Location: Campus View at Highline College, Des Moines, WA
Reports to: Director of Housing Operations
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour and comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for communication with guests, residents and vendors, accounts payable, accounts receivable, leasing administration, ordering supplies, and performs other clerical tasks such as typing, filing, copying and faxing. Responsibilities also include coordination of resident amenities programs such as processing of packages and deliveries and key check-out. This position is fully in-person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers incoming telephone calls determines purpose of calls, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel.
- Takes and delivers complete messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail; checks in student mail and packages and contacts students.
- Operates office machines such as computers, video monitoring systems, security gate access, and copier/printer/fax machine.
- Orders, receives, and maintains supplies for the housing operation.
- Receives payments, issues receipts, and facilitates deposit process.
- Coordinate and monitor spare key and lock-out process. Conduct daily audits of electronic key boxes and coordinate follow-up for missing keys.
- Facilitate tours of units to prospective residents and collect data for licensing reports. Coordinates notification process of tour unit, Community Assistant Staff, and Housing Staff of scheduled tours. Coordinate follow-up with prospective residents.
- Assists in maintaining accurate and complete student records/files.
- Assist with administering satisfaction email related to completed work orders.
- Relay information in a timely manner to residents and staff as needed.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Participate in Housing Facilities On-Call rotation with Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of clerical experience.
- One to two years of customer service experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and E-mail)
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.