Job Title: Office Coordinator
Location: Gordon Commons at Arizona State University – Downtown Phoenix
Reports to: Assistant Director of Operations
Salary: $18.00-$19.00 per hour and competitive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Office Coordinator works at Gordon Commons on the Arizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus. The Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for greeting and assisting students, parents, and visitors, conducting administrative duties, processing mail and packages, answering inquiries, and providing information regarding Taylor Place.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all students and visitors in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills while performing all tasks, including answering telephone calls, collecting maintenance requests, room lockouts, distributing packages
- Logs and distributes packages and mail; conducts package audits on a regular basis
- Creates spreadsheets and reports for tracking housing and occupancy information
- Provides functional supervision for the student office staff
- Process room check-in and check-out forms; collection and audit of keys
- Conduct tour of the building and assist with room lockouts
- Assist with general office needs (making copies, faxes, inventory of supplies, etc.)
- Provide support to Director of Operations and Assistant Directors as needed
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Work hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. After-hours and some Saturdays during semester opening and closings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience working in an office environment
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to quickly develop a comprehensive knowledge of office and property operations
- Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, organize and meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Critical thinking, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability following directions and work with limited supervision
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor
- Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs.
- Prefer previous experience working in an educational community or with college-age students.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.