College Park, MD
Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Location: South Campus Commons at The University of Maryland College Park, MD
Reports to: Associate Director Maintenance Operations
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support for the Maintenance Department of a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to data entry, report creation and generation, scheduling contractors, enforcing site and company policies, communicating effectively, managing keys, providing customer service, and project-based work. Projecting a professional image through in-person and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles communication with residents including email and written correspondence.
- Serves as central communication hub for SCC Maintenance.
- Answers resident inquiries and assist residents with their needs.
- Manages communication for projects.
- Prints, opens, closes, files, and research work orders.
- Performs weekly maintenance swipe audit and daily visual audits.
- Tracks key and swipe sign out logs.
- Assembles lock change packets.
- Stocks and labels key cores.
- Manages key boxes including set-up, updates, and control access.
- Creates key box reports.
- Retrieves unit lock handles for Maintenance Techs.
- Manages and updates lock change spreadsheet.
- Updates property boss as needed.
- Completes monthly contractor log.
- Contacts contractors as needed for the department.
- Assigns keys and swipe cards as required.
- Creates Turn sheet/board.
- Conducts turn inspections as needed.
- Insures contractors complete Turn board.
- Maintains general upkeep, security, and organization of the office
- Creates weekly/and or/daily reports.
- Assist with updating the FFE.
- Assist ADMO with RFP’s, contracts, and complaints.
- Checks email and phone regularly.
- Coordinates furniture set-ups in seminar/conference rooms.
- Escorts vendors as needed.
- Investigates damage appeals.
- Assists with Open Leasing.
Directly supervises the Student Facilities Community Assistant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two to three years’ experience in facilities/build maintenance for property management or student housing.
- Ability to move and lift to 20lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
- Ability to perform basic computer operations.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.