Job Title: Assistant Director for Resident Services
Location: University Park Apartments at Salisbury University
Reports to: Director of Affiliated Housing
Salary: $55,000-$60,000 per year and a comprehensive benefits package.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsibilities include leasing plan implementation; creating and implementing marketing plan, all administrative tasks associated with room assignments/contracting and maintaining residents’ accounts. Planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fielding calls from students and parents to appropriate resource
- Process Student Rent Payments via phone, electronic portal and paper checks
- Process Prospect Application Fee/Amenity Fee Payments
- Communicate with Resident /Guarantor regarding Delinquent Accounts
- Facilitate Collections process for overdue student accounts
- Manage Billing/Collection process for Damage Charges
- Develop weekly delinquency report for the Director
- Manage Financial Aid Deferment process for student accounts
- Supports the general management and administrative operations of the facility
- Oversee office and Clubhouse general operation
- Manage student portal access
- Process monthly utilities invoices
- Manage/schedule candidate interviews, on-boarding, reference checks, workers compensation claims, and incident reports.
- Tracks, communicates, and removes financial hold from student SU accounts
- Tracks monthly utility usage and places overages on student accounts
- Assist the Site Director with human resource related functions for the overall site. Ensures all new hires have background checks, appropriate paperwork completed/submitted, passwords for systems, and other general on-boarding needs.
- Create invoices for the Director and post to student accounts for damages incurred.
- Assist & collaborate with the Director and Assistant Director of Facilities as it relates to community improvements and modifications.
- Work with Director on vendor contracts making sure invoices match contracts.
- Research vendors to procure quotes for services/products needed, and then placing the order.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Affiliated Housing.
Other Skills and Abilities:
A comprehensive understanding of student development and a willingness to learn and co-manage administrative operations. Ability to operate basic office equipment including photocopier, fax, and telephone. Basic typing and computer skills. A comprehensive understanding of student development and a willingness to learn and co-manage administrative operations. Ability to operate basic office equipment including photocopier, fax, and telephone. Basic typing and computer skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree Required; Bachelor Degree preferred
- Two to five years’ experience in higher education administration and / or student housing.
- Experience supervising and training of professional and student staff.
- Must have comfort and confidence in managing confidential crisis issues.
- Experience working with campus partners and departments.
- Must possess effective skills in customer service, group facilitation, leadership, and organization.
- Must possess ability to think quickly, use good judgment and understand concepts for booking keeping and financial reporting.
- Experience and knowledge of basic data management systems.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, computer competency (Word, Excel, content management systems, etc.).
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.