Job Title: Apartment Maintenance Technician
Location: The Village, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: includes hourly rate and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Apartment Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for assisting in all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repairs. Duties include, but are not limited to, general maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, and projecting a student focused and professional image with all internal and external interactions. The Apartment Maintenance Technician serves in an on-call rotation for maintenance emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, on a rotating basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to all maintenance requests/calls within a reasonable timeframe.
- Identifies facilities deficiencies and repairs or recommends remedies.
- Participate with the after-hours on-call response rotation with a 30-minute response time.
- Works mandatory overtime as needed.
- Works overtime as needed for turns and move out/ move in.
- Provides escorts to contractors on-site.
- Assists with room set-ups and furniture movement.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Conducts daily inspections of assigned building(s) and reports findings to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments on time.
- Submits requests for proper material/supplies to complete repairs.
- Consults with Maintenance Supervisor daily on progress and impending issues.
- Displays knowledge, skills, and quality workmanship always.
- Performs general plumbing repairs including leaks, drains, toilets, sinks, showers, and gaskets.
- Performs electrical repairs including but not limited to bulb and ballast replacement, fixtures, sockets, outlets, breakers, and GFCIs.
- Completes painting and drywall repair and/or replacement projects as scheduled.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and tools routinely and as directed.
- Maintains, cleans, and organizes storage and Maintenance Shop daily.
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement of entry door, lock, and key systems.
- Completes exterior maintenance repairs and projects routinely and as directed.
- Monitors and maintains entranceways, walkways, common areas, and hallways to ensure they are clean, clear, and safe for pedestrians and students.
- Assists with restoring the rooms and common areas to their original condition upon resident or guest move-out through maintenance and repairs.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are followed and Personal Protective Equipment is used.
- Essential personal for major emergencies and have to respond when not “on-call”; example, weather, life safety or building safety events.
- Always conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and serving on an on-call maintenance rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- 1-2 years of general maintenance experience
- Must be proficient with the use of hand tools, power tools, electrical meter, and painting hand tools.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our residents & customers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
Salary commensurate on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.