Job Title: Administration Coordinator
Location: Spartan Suites at Norfolk State University
Reports to: Assistant Director of Housing
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour and comprehensive benefit package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
As a member of the management staff at the Spartan Suites, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the smooth operations of the Front Desk of the Spartan Suites. The Administrative Coordinator will be the primary contact for escalation of student issues and will be responsible for providing excellent customer experience. The Administrative Coordinator will also be responsible for onboarding and training of new employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to take direction, work independently, organize, and prioritize work assignments, anticipate deadlines, and respond to changing priorities as needed.
- Knowledge of effective customer service techniques and superior customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a diverse population as shown in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and business document formats.
- Responsible for the site’s accounts payable, engaging vendors, and answering questions related to vendors and accounts payable.
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Primary contact for issues that are escalated to management for resolution.
- Ability to satisfactorily resolve issues independently by correctly using the site and COCM guidelines.
- Ability to use a variety of software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite to efficiently produce correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Supervision, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Ability to learn and retain large amounts of information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to organize, key, edit and accurately proof large documents.
- Assist with special projects.
- Receive, sort, and route mail all incoming and outgoing (federal and campus mail).
- Assist with filling out work orders & room reservation.
- Primary contact for follow-up with residents on open and completed work orders.
- Answers questions, provides directions, and other information requested by residents and/or visitors.
- Attends all desk staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Cover the desk in the absence of a Desk Assistant (may include working some nights and weekends).
- Respond to incidents while serving on an on-call rotation (within 30-minute response time).
- Other duties as assigned (to include special projects, on call hours as needed, and any other projects deemed reasonable for this position by the Director or Assistant Director).
Assist with special projects, follow instructions, and meet deadlines. Keep the desk and immediate area clean and organized. Maintain desk signs, daily events signs, and bulletin boards. Make recommendations and give feedback to enhance the department. Perform clerical duties as needed.
40 hours a week, ability to work flexible hours to include some nights and weekends are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 or more years of experience as an Office Coordinator, Office Manager, or similar title.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees.
- Ability to use written communication to effectively communicate with a diverse group of individuals, from students to the President of the university.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn to efficiently operate proprietary programs related to student housing.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including photocopier, computer, telephone, and fax machine.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.