Job Title: Welcome Desk Coordinator
Location: Cornish Commons, Cornish College of the Arts’ Main Campus
Reports to: Assistant Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for greeting visitors, answers and directs telephone calls, processes mail, and performs other clerical tasks such as typing, filing, copying, and faxing. Responsibilities also include coordination of resident amenities programs such as processing of packages and deliveries and key check-out/audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters concerning the student, staff discipline, and other work-related matters.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and determine the purpose of callers.
- Assist with reviewing & forwarding voicemail messages sent to personnel.
- Answer questions about Cornish Commons and Cornish College of the Arts.
- Serve as a resource to residents, parents, and visitors.
- Welcome on-site vendors. Determine the nature of the business and update staff appropriately.
- Receive, sort, and route mail. Process outgoing mail.
- Responsible for receiving and recording resident and office packages.
- Complete bi-weekly package & key audits.
- Maintain office supply inventory and coordinate office supply orders.
- Assist with training of Desk Assistant staff.
- Assist with desk staff scheduling.
- Accurate recordkeeping for student and property files.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of clerical experience.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and E-mail).
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.