Job Title: Resident Accounts Coordinator
Location: The Daumier at Western University of Health Sciences
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: $16.00-$17.30 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Resident Accounts Coordinator is responsible for all aspects relating to the processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable. Duties include, but are not limited to posting payments, collecting rent, issuing receipts, entering, and processing invoices, researching accounts, reception, conducting tours, escorting vendors, and project-based work. Maintaining a customer-focused and professional image through in-person, electronic, and telephone communication with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive resident payments and issue receipts
- Collect resident payments on past accounts and document progress made on a weekly basis.
- Send correspondence to residents regarding financial information to their accounts (letters, emails, collection calls, and door notices).
- Offer payment plans to past residents and ensure timely execution.
- Reconcile invoices and receipts through billing software systems.
- Complete weekly reports for site owners and university stakeholders on aged receivables, license cancellations, and delinquency.
- Provide support to Front Desk operations as needed, including but not limited to conducting tours, receiving packages and mail, and answering phones.
- Serve as a customer service representative
- Conduct regular audits of student accounts in the property management software system to ensure accuracy and detail.
- Utilize property management software system to fulfill all aspects of student accounts including initial creation, move-in/move out, assessing charges/credits, and reconciling payments.
- Run Delinquency Report in property management software system and submit to supervisor(s) and Regional Manager on the 20th of each fiscal month.
- Process the financial close of each fiscal month for each property by running all necessary reporting.
- Collaborate with site maintenance staff on the turn, damage inspections, vendors, work orders, and payments.
- Create and process invoices for payment.
- Submit write-off requests to supervisor(s) and Regional Manager.
- Complete daily bank deposits.
- Maintain filing system and keeping of confidential information as needed.
- Order office supplies as needed or requested by the supervisor.
- Serve as essential personnel during major emergencies affecting campus (i.e. pandemic, inclement weather, fire, natural disasters, etc.)
- Serve in the professional staff on-call rotation.
- Keep accurate and organized records of all daily deposits, resident payments, and resident charges.
- Submit deposit logs to the corporate office on a regular basis.
- Complete NSF check returns, both in account entries and communication to residents.
- Provide accurate reports with regards to past due accounts and assist in the collection of past due accounts, including court filings and court attendance.
- Prepare appropriate records for eviction proceedings.
- Serve as the main point of contact for site vendors with questions regarding accounts payable/receivable.
- Create end-of-year reporting as needed for site owners, stakeholders, and supervisors.
- Participate in cross-training to understand multiple properties within the department to fill in as needed.
- Assistance with leasing, marketing, and residential programmatic efforts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three years’ clerical experience. Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. All must be accomplished in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including photocopier, fax, and telephone. Basic typing and filing skills.
- Live within 30 minutes of property – Ability to respond to emergency on-call responsibilities.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.