Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Location: Cornish Commons at Cornish College of the Arts
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 per year, a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COCM is a student housing management company with teams all over the country. We are currently seeking an individual to join our team in Seattle, WA at Cornish College of the Arts. The Sales & Marketing Manager position is a unique, entry-level opportunity for a highly motivated individual.
Cornish Commons is a 20-story college residence hall that serves academic year students as well as a robust summer conference/internship housing clientele. This is a full-time position with a live-on residency requirement. The Sales & Marketing Manager serves as our first point of contact for all things related to resident satisfaction, prospect inquiries, tours, year-round recruitment, and generation of innovative outreach for retention as well as new client partnerships.
Located at our resourceful Welcome Desk, this position is our most customer facing role by focusing on the following areas:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Sales & Marketing Management
- Develop custom sales initiatives to retain and recruit the diverse population of students, interns, College community members, and conference groups of whom we serve.
- Identify, contact, and engage new partnerships.
- Assist Director in collecting data for weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive year-long strategic sales & marketing plan.
- Design, organize and conduct tours of the community.
- Participate in planning and implementation of major campus event days such as move in, new student orientation, accepted student days, etc.
- Generate digital sales & marketing initiatives for social media, website & email.
- Use assessment data to support the planning and implementation of new marketing and communication initiatives.
- Maintain a professional, yet friendly atmosphere at the Welcome Desk and other areas where prospective and current residents meet.
- Coordinate with AD of Operations to ensure market ready spaces and availability.
- Maintain office hours at the Welcome Desk.
- Greet prospective & current residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, and professionally present community while communicating features and benefits.
- Follow and understand market trends. Contribute solutions and ideas to the team for maintaining competitive edge.
- Demonstrate a strong “product knowledge” to current and prospective residents.
- Be the best resource on campus. Nobody knows the building and community better than you!
- Handle telephone, email and in-person inquiries. Listens to resident requests, concerns, and comments.
- Directs maintenance service requests to AD of Operations for prompt attention.
- Maintains the Welcome Desk as well as surrounding area on continuing basis to sustain polished and welcoming atmosphere.
- Provides stellar customer service to ensure resident retention and leasing goals.
- Office Administration
- Collaborate with all professional & student staff to achieve team and project goals.
- Provide professional and student staff level training on initiatives and customer service.
- Gain a strong understanding of community by participating in the live on, duty rotation and after hours needs.
- Develop key partnerships with offices across campus, including Admissions, Student Life, and other Enrollment Services departments.
- Provide feedback to Assistant Director of Residence Life regarding student staff performance.
- Serve in the professional staff on-call duty rotation as needed.
- This position requires on-site residency in a provided apartment to assist with afterhours student and facilities emergencies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid- to high-paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Furthermore, while the employee is expected to perform most of their responsibilities while on site, some flexibility exists for remote work opportunities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
High school diploma or GED. 1-2 years of sales, marketing, or leasing experience is required. Demonstrated experience in college administration, property management, and/or clerical office environments are preferred. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
Must possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, written communication, customer service, organization, time/priorities management, and teamwork skills. Must have the ability to work with a diverse population, including students, staff, family members, campus partners, and vendors. Must have developed computer competency skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook). Ideal candidates will also have experience with automated mass e-mail platforms (e.g., MailChimp).
This is position is a live on position. Position includes a 1-bedroom apartment (all utilities and washer/dryer included). Compensation also includes designed staff parking pass.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.