Job Title: Office Manager (Full-Time Position)
Location: Towson University – Millennium Hall
Reports to: Assistant Director of Operations
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour and a competitive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non–Exempt
Office Manager is a full-time, live-off position, and is responsible for administrative priorities, resident communication, maintaining the website, social media creation, data entry, and responding to online communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, creating, and implementing website and social media content aligned with TOW mission.
- Receives and records residential payments.
- Answers any questions related to the residential account.
- Operates property management software.
- Improving the resident experience of the website regularly.
- Organizes and sends out resident email communication.
- Helps implement large events, and communication strategy around resident renewal, move-out, move-in, etc.
- Organizes content for the site’s quarterly newsletter.
- Manages site email accounts.
- Assist with written communications including move-out, move-in, weekly report, marketing plans, resident maintenance, lease transfers, and student account communications, etc.
- Assist office department areas as needed during high traffic/volume timeframes.
- Assist with day-to-day technology needs.
- Assist the department with a Marketing survey.
- Administers student and staff parking, and affiliated IDs.
- Assist with the end-of-year damage assessment and billing process.
- Support, and assist in the implementation of move-in, turn, and move-out.
- Assist the Assistant Directors with other duties/projects as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is usually performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. The work environment is mid to high- paced. The ability to work more than 40 hours a week while learning the operation and during key times of operational demand is necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to communicate orally. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in office administration.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. All must be accomplished in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Have an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including photocopier, fax, and telephone. Basic typing and computer skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On- Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.