Job Title: Office Coordinator (Includes Leasing Responsibilities)
Location: Millennium Hall at Towson University
Reports to: Assistant Director of Operations
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for greeting visitors, answering and directing telephone calls, processing mail, and performing other clerical tasks such as typing, filing, copying, and faxing. Responsibilities also include coordination of resident amenities programs such as processing of packages and deliveries and key check-out.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers incoming telephone calls determine the purpose of calls and forwards calls to appropriate personnel.
- Takes and delivers complete messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel is unavailable.
- Answers questions about the organization and provides callers with addresses, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors to determine the nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, checks in student mail and packages, and contacts students.
- Processes outgoing mail.
- Operates office machines such as computers, video monitoring systems, security gate access, and copier/printer/fax machine.
- Orders receive and maintain office supplies and supplies for resident coffee and cookie services.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, and other documents when necessary.
- Receives payments, issues receipts, and facilitates the deposit process.
- Coordinate and monitor spare key and lock-out process. Conduct daily audits of electronic key boxes and coordinate follow-up for missing keys.
- Facilitate tours of units to prospective residents and collects data for licensing reports. Coordinates notification process of tour unit, Community Assistant Staff, and Housing Staff of scheduled tours. Coordinate follow-up with prospective residents.
- Assists in maintaining accurate and complete student records/files.
- Assist with administering satisfaction emails related to completed work orders.
- Relay information in a timely manner to residents and staff as needed.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of clerical experience.
- One to two years of customer service experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and E-mail)
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.