Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Location: The Marq at Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Marketing Coordinator requires the ability to initiate conversations and represent COCM, Marquette University, and Harrison Street Real Estate in a positive light with the goal of encouraging prospective residents to live in Marquette University’s on-campus university apartments. The Marketing Coordinator works under the direction of the Director and closely collaborates with Marquette Office of Residence Life leadership. Responsibilities in the position are numerous. The primary tasks are customer relations/service, creation, and execution of marketing strategies for prospective students and their families, and participation in site and campus events in representation of Marquette University and COCM. The Marketing Coordinator also assists with general office operations including accounts receivable, in-person and phone customer service response, community and resident communication, and work request follow-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and design marketing promotions including, but not limited to, e-mail/e-blasts, print ads, internet ads, and social media.
- Collaborate with management and university partners to update and maintain website.
- Design, update, and maintain community and campus signage.
- Attend promotional and community events.
- Create and implement a Strategic Marketing Plan.
- Develop and deliver in-person and virtual tour logistics.
- Manage online ads.
- Oversee distribution of all marketing materials for the community through University Open Houses, Preview Days, Orientation and other planned University events.
- Monitors renewals. Distributes and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Participates in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Assists in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distributes notices, updates, and communication to residents as necessary.
- Assists in monitoring social media platforms for the community and other competitors. All content exudes the professional community atmosphere of Marquette University.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Director and in collaboration with university partners.
- Works collaboratively with COCM and Marquette University to market available apartments.
- Maintains a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Greet prospective residents in-person and via phone, qualifies, determines needs and preferences, and professionally presents community while communicating features and benefits.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the Director for marketing the community and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Occasionally perform external market outreach at nearby businesses, organizations, etc.
- Maintain rosters with application and resident data.
- Work in coordination with Director to manage marketing budget and create marketing calendar each lease cycle.
- Receives telephone inquiries and in-person visits. Listens to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly completes maintenance service requests and informs the maintenance team of items needing prompt attention.
- Answers questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, amenities, etc. Follows up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters, and/or informs Director.
- Maintains open communication with management team and university partners.
- Contributes to cleanliness and curb appeal of the communities on continuing basis.
- Check, reply and forward e-mails received.
- Maintain and use office equipment as needed: fax, phone, postage, copier, scanner and computer.
- Perform clerical duties as needed: filing, photocopying, collating, etc.
- Assist with work order management: write requests, and forward as needed, etc.
- Maintain/update office documents such as resident floor chart, roster, publication forms, etc.
- Be a customer service representative of The Marq.
- Assist with community notices including pet addendums, renewal information, move-in, and move-out information.
- Assist with move-in and move-out operations.
- Notify Director of any change in occupancy or assignments.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to operate a multi-line telephone, personal computer, Microsoft Office including Word, Teams, and MS Outlook, and community software.
- Experience in digital marketing, social media marketing, design and video software required.
- Must have knowledge and experience with regulations including Fair Housing, ADA, and other common housing standards.
- A positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
COCM is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.