Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Fusion on First, Arizona State University – Downtown Phoenix campus
Reports to: Assistant Director of Facilities
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour-commensurate with experience; Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, 401K, paid holidays, and paid vacation.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Maintenance Technician at Fusion on First is primarily responsible for performing general maintenance and building repairs, plumbing, appliance repair, electrical and HVAC repairs. Perform some custodial, building operations, and general facility-related service maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to perform general maintenance: basic plumbing, minor floor repair, painting, electrical, appliance repair and HVAC repairs
- Ability to fix and repair mechanical items
- Conduct facility and student room inspections, identify type of repair work needed
- Respond to maintenance requests within two hours of receipt of request
- Respond to service requests for facility or equipment setups
- Oversee maintenance and care of equipment, tools and supply inventory
- Assist with the moving and relocation of furniture, fixtures and appliances.
- Assess room damage and determine fair charges for billing
- Observe work safety and health protection policies and procedures
- Ability following directions and work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to work after-hours and on weekends when necessary; respond to on-call maintenance issues as needed
- Self-motivated and show initiative to start and complete tasks
- Excellent customer service skills, pleasant and professional demeanor
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Four years of experience working in maintenance trades (i.e. plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, HVAC, painting, electrical, etc.)
- Experience working in residential or commercial facilities
- Detail oriented with good trouble shooting skills
- Ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the facility and property.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50 pounds; ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Critical thinking, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must have ability to work in a residential environment with college age students.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.