Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: University Park Apartments at Salisbury University
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: $14.00 -$18.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
University Park Apartments is 253 apartment units of 4×4, 4×2, 2×2, and 2×1 units totaling 890 beds, with a community clubhouse, volleyball, swimming pool, and fitness center serving the students at Salisbury University.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repair for an assigned apartment area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with Supervising and training maintenance staff.
- Develops bi-weekly safety professional development opportunities for maintenance staff.
- Schedules and Monitors completion of preventive maintenance within student apartments.
- Assists in securing bids and vendor services.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules, safety practices and regulations.
- Assist in the long-term planning and coordination of capital projects.
- Works with vendors and outside partners, in conjunction with the maintenance supervisor.
- Maintains tools, equipment, systems and/or components (e.g. hand tools, power tools, golf carts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Ensures a well-maintained curb appeal by working with maintenance team, landscaper and other vendors.
- Conducts property light survey and Blue Light emergency phone inspection based on the outlined schedule.
- Responds to all maintenance requests/calls within a reasonable timeframe.
- Identifies facilities deficiencies and recommends remedies.
- Participate with the after-hours on-call response rotation.
- Works mandatory overtime as needed.
- Provides escorts to contractors on-site.
- Assists with room set-ups and furniture movement.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Conducts daily general inspections of assigned building(s) and reports findings to the Supervisor.
- Submits requests for proper material/supplies to complete repairs.
- Consults with Maintenance Supervisor daily on progress and impending issues.
- Displays knowledge, skills, and quality workmanship at all times.
- Serves in an on-call rotation to respond to after hour emergencies and service calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm and serving on a 24-hour maintenance on-call duty rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- 1-3 years of general maintenance experience.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting, diagnostic skills and critical thinking skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
- Must have personal initiative, when seeing a needed repair fixes, it to improve the community.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
COCM is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.