San Marcos, CA
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: University Village Apartments and The QUAD at CSU – San Marcos
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: $22.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repair. The Maintenance Technician serves on a maintenance on-call rotation assisting with after-hours maintenance emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing daily maintenance service to resident’s units as requested by resident via a work order system or as directed by staff.
- Managing work orders and proactively prioritizing needs as they arise.
- Completing hands-on, technical, and maintenance projects.
- Providing inventory control of maintenance items.
- Answering after-hours emergency calls as needed.
- Inspecting move-in and move-out units.
- Preparing vacant units when necessary.
- Performing repairs/general maintenance.
- Overseeing bi-monthly inspections of the HVAC units and filter changes as required by specifications and programs set forth by management.
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed and available to work scheduled weekends as well as overtime during heavy turn periods or as needed by the site.
- Complete building and unit inspection processes as scheduled to ensure the health and safety of the building and grounds.
- Assist with Custodial Services as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervising staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of general maintenance experience with a knowledge of building systems, plumbing, appliance repair, electrical, drywall, painting, HVAC, and carpentry.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, yet very capable of working individually and strive to provide the best service possible for our residents & customers.
The benefits package includes health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.