Location: Davenport, IA
Job Title: Maintenance Tech
Location: Palmer College Student Housing
Reports to: Director of Housing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Facilities Maintenance Technician at Palmer College Student Housing is primarily responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repair for apartment areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to all maintenance requests/calls within a reasonable timeframe
- Identifies facilities deficiencies and recommends remedies.
- Participate with the after-hours on-call response rotation.
- Works mandatory overtime as needed.
- Provides escorts to contractors on-site.
- Assists with apartment turn/make ready.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Conducts daily general inspections of assigned buildings and reports findings to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments on time.
- Submits requests for proper material/supplies to complete repairs.
- Consults with Maintenance Supervisor daily on progress and impending issues.
- Displays knowledge, skills, and quality workmanship at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 6 months-2 years of general maintenance experience.
- Must remain within 30-minute radius of site when on call.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.