Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: University Park Apartments at Salisbury University
Reports to: Assistant Director of Facilities
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and competitive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Affiliated Housing, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation, and repair. The Maintenance Supervisor is on-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, as primary on call and/or to back up the maintenance technician on-call for facility emergencies, on a rotating basis. The Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible for completing work orders. This is a working supervisor position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, train and evaluate maintenance technicians, contract custodian(s), contract painter (s) and contract groundskeeper(s), per site staffing needs/operations.
- Assists with managing contracts with outside vendors including solicitation of bids, serving as a liaison for contracted services including but not limited to HVAC, snow removal, and construction projects and evaluating the quality of work.
- Receive, assign and track and complete work orders. Develop a student-centered approach to managing work orders and repairs throughout the building.
- Assess buildings’ conditions and make recommendations for long term capital improvements.
- Implement and oversee proactive interior and exterior maintenance programs to ensure quality repairs.
- Monitor facility for quality workmanship.
- Maintain inventory of tools and equipment.
- Secures appropriate insurances and paperwork from vendors.
- Conduct daily site and periodic unit inspections.
- Coordinate a schedule for maintenance technicians for on-call maintenance emergencies.
- Maintain project log of site maintenance.
- Participate in developing and monitoring the site-operating budget related to facilities.
- Coordinate response to all resident maintenance requests within 24 hours.
- Perform monthly inspections of the HVAC units and change filters as required by the manufacturer of the system.
- Perform monthly inspections of areas prone to microbial growth.
- Perform monthly inspections of all exhaust fans.
- Conduct quarterly key/fob/access proxy audits of all site staff and resident keys/fobs/access proxy.
- Oversee general furniture repair, painting during non-turn periods, general plumbing, some appliance repair, minor electrical repairs, and HVAC repairs.
- Monitor roof for leaf buildup and other debris in gutters.
- Monitor sump pumps to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Coordinate and/or conduct preventive maintenance.
- Coordinate and organize bi-annual health and safety inspections.
- All things facilities related throughout entire property.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and serving on a 24-hour maintenance on-call duty rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five (5) + years of experience in student or multi-family housing. Most beneficial to have had the supervisory experience of multiple positions/people.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and E-mail).
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.