Boca Raton, FL
Job Title: Locksmith Technician
Location: Maintenance Supervisor
Reports to: Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL
Salary: Negotiable and competitive benefits package.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Locksmith Technician is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and installing locks, door checks and related hardware within residential communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, maintains, and repairs mechanical locks and related hardware.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys, stamps, and records of keys distributed, ensuring safety and security of materials and data.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and parts; maintains logs and records work performed and materials used in accordance with departmental standards.
- Assists with or performs the repair and programming of electronic access control systems.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Maintain and repair ADA door operators, door closers, and control gates.
- May provide estimates and order materials, parts, tools, and equipment needed for work assignments.
- Helps train other maintenance staff in minor door/lock/key repairs.
- Participates in a 24-hour on call rotation during the year.
- During annual room turns on campus, will have limited vacation time.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years related work experience.
- Knowledge of all types of locks, fastening devices and related hardware.
- Knowledge of electrical locking and security systems and devices, applicable code
- Ability to work from plans and specifications.
- Ability to use safety precautions and practices in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment
- Must be able to read and work from plans, drawings, and blueprints as appropriate to trade.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to use a computer and knowledge using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to perform and knowledge of general maintenance worker duties.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.