Job Title: Leasing Agent
Location: Nine East 33rd at Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD
Reports to: Assistant Director of Marketing and Leasing
Salary: $15.00-$16.50/hour and competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Leasing Agent is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of Marketing and Leasing with all marketing, leasing, and re-leasing activities for a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to data entry, file creation and management, reception, and project-based work. Projecting a customer-focused and professional image through in-person and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides information and publications about leasing, re-leasing, lease cancellation, and other occupancy issues to callers and on-site visitors.
- Forwards callers to appropriate personnel or departments.
- Maintains basic office equipment including requesting supplies, arranging for service and assists users with the equipment.
- Ensures office area is clean and organized.
- Answers basic account questions from residents and issues receipts for rent payments.
- Assists with all move-in and move-out procedures.
- Provides tours to prospective residents.
- Enters all new resident information into spreadsheets and databases as required.
- Conducts resident background screenings in databases.
- Reads, responds to and/or forwards messages in multiple email accounts as well as maintains the site calendar.
- Assists with the re-leasing process.
- Manages the sublet and apartment transfer processes.
- Assists with resident mailings such as move in letters, re-leasing confirmations, and move out letters.
- Creates and maintains new resident files with attention to accuracy and accountability.
- Creates and prints office forms and publications, ensuring ample supply is available.
- Assists with all leasing events including info sessions, special program nights, and open houses.
- Assists with all marketing efforts which may include resident appreciation week, market survey, market plan and other site events.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market conditions and competitors.
- Submits bi-weekly report detailing leasing traffic.
- Assists with building reception.
- Helps process resident packages.
- Develop and maintain relationships with residents, guarantors, parents, and property staff.
- Have a thorough understanding of the property, including floor plans, dimensions, amenities, pricing, and availability.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years of leasing experience.
- Experience with marketing on social media
- Experience creating advertisements or flyers.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including computer, photocopier, and telephone. Basic typing and filing skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.