East Stroudsburg, PA
Job Title: Lead Custodian
Location: University Ridge & Sycamore Suites, East Stroudsburg University, East Stroudsburg, PA
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Salary: $18.75-$20.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A Custodian is responsible for the overall cleanliness and maintenance of grounds, interior building, common areas, and exterior of building. The Lead Custodian assists with the management of general custodial operations for the community and performs all routine custodial tasks. Additional responsibilities of the Lead Custodian may include but are not limited to training, scheduling, record keeping, communication and inspections. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers is essential. The Lead Custodian serves in an on-call rotation for maintenance emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on a rotating basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with training and supervision of custodial team.
- Assist with planning and scheduling of daily shifts, major projects, and unit turnover
- Assist with inventory and equipment management
- Complete reporting including work orders and inspection reports
- Clean all entrance/exit doors, halls, stairways, public restrooms, offices, lounges, elevators, laundry rooms, trash rooms, corridors, and all common areas.
- Vacuum all carpeted spaces and mop or sweep all non-carpeted floors including offices. Clean carpet including but not limited to scrubbing and extracting.
- Mop or sweep stairs and stairwells.
- Dust sconces, light fixtures, decorative fixtures, and window ledges as scheduled.
- Clean and sanitize all restrooms daily including sinks, toilets, urinals, floors, door handles, mirrors, and counters.
- Clean and/or dust furniture as directed.
- Stock restrooms with soap and paper products.
- Remove all recycling, trash and refuse from the building including offices, and tote trash cans outside for trash pick-up.
- Assist in mopping and scrubbing trash and storage rooms.
- Wash interior and exterior windows as scheduled.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter and debris from sidewalks.
- Monitors snow accumulation to ensure steps are taken to prevent ice buildup on the property.
- Shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice or snow buildup.
- Monitor and maintain entranceways, walkways, common areas, and hallways to ensure they are dry, clear, and safe for pedestrians.
- Unload and stock equipment and supplies from loading dock, storage, and Maintenance Shop throughout buildings.
- Assemble and move office and residential furniture as needed.
- Prepare and set-up furniture and equipment for meetings, conference, classes, etc. as required.
- Assist with restoring the rooms and common areas to their original condition upon resident or guest move-out through cleaning and repairs.
- Participates in a 24-hour emergency maintenance on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
- Responds on-site within 30 minutes for emergency calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 3-5 years’ experience – preferred in the areas of residential or student communities.
- Leadership responsibilities for peers and/or team members
- Operation of custodial equipment including but not limited to power washers, sweepers, scrubbers, buffers, extractors, vacuums, sprayers, snow blowers and snow throwers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to move and lift to 50 lbs.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.