Job Title: Housing Operations Coordinator
Location: Massachusetts College of Art & Design, Boston MA
Reports to: Director of Facilities & Conference Services
Salary: $55,000.00 – $62,000.00 per year and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Housing Operations Coordinator assists with several administrative responsbilities under the direction of the Director. The primary responsibilities are customer relations/service, processing accounts payable/receivable, generating regular and reoccurring reports, management of the summer conference housing operations, and oversight of the on-campus parking program. The Housing Operations Coordinator serves in the on-call duty response for the summer conference housing operation after hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, train, and evaluate Administrative Coordinator and Office Assistant.
- Manage the general office email accounts.
- Create clear and concise community messages and distribute via email, mail, and throughout the residence halls.
- Maintain rosters and resident data and distribute accordingly.
- Compile occupancy information for weekly LSR for each building.
- Document and process damage billing, including lock outs/lost keys, for all buildings and coordinate mailings to residents.
- Coordinate with Office Coordinator to track damage billing and parking payments.
- Coordinate all community notices related to facilities.
- Assume leadership role in absence of Director.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate Parking Attendant.
- Liaise with MassArt Public Safety regarding all aspects of parking.
- Coordinate with aspects of campus parking processes including lottery system, guest parking, Special Events parking, and alternate planning.
- Work with building security and Public Safety to ensure access to parking lot for all users.
- Record and communicate parking fees, usage, trends, etc. to college staff.
- Act as primary contact for all individual summer housing prospects and residents.
- Coordinate summer conference housing with Director including summer meal plans.
- Research outreach for new opportunities for summer rentals including maintaining the Summer Housing @ MassArt website.
- Oversee entire summer billing process for summer residents including damage billing.
- Maintain records of all summer housing documents.
- Send summer housing packets to potential residents in a timely fashion.
- Conduct tour of community and maintain traffic log.
- Check residents in and out of summer housing and manage appropriate paperwork.
- Supervise Summer Conference Assistants (SCAs).
- Additional Duties as Assigned.
This position had a hybrid work schedule. Three days on-premises (in the office) and two days working remote. Daily office hours Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. On-call duty response for the summer conference housing operations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields.
- 1-2 years of higher education administration, property management or hospitality experience.
- Must have comfort and confidence in managing confidential crisis issues.
- Must possess effective skills in customer service, group facilitation, leadership, and organization
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, computer competency (Word, Excel, content management systems, etc.), and the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Must be a team player. We all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our residents & campus community.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields.
- 2-3 years of experience in student housing, higher education administration, or property management.
- A comprehensive understanding of student development, student personnel, and adjudication.
- Experience working with a diverse group of students.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.