College Park, MD
Job Title: Housekeeper
Location: South Campus Commons at The University of Maryland College Park, MD
Reports to: Housekeeping Supervisor
Salary: $15.45 an hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Housekeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the interior and exterior of the building(s) and grounds in a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to cleaning, scrubbing, washing, sweeping, dusting, and removal of debris. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans halls, stairways, public restrooms, offices, lounges, elevators, trash rooms, corridors, and all common areas.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Cleans resident units as needed.
- Sweeps, scrubs, and mop all lobbies, trash rooms, recycle rooms, and hallways.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, elevators, and blinds.
- Dusts furniture.
- Washes walls, ceiling, light fixtures, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Picks up debris and recyclables inside building(s), near building(s) entry and grounds.
- Completes all items on Weekly Housekeeping Checklist.
- Ensures that all green policies are followed including use of chemicals as directed.
- Collects recyclables daily.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two to three years’ experience in related field.
- Ability to move and lift to 50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
- Ability to perform basic computer operations.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.