Job Title: Groundskeeper
Location: Towson University – Millennium Hall
Reports to: Facilities Director
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for overall cleanliness and maintenance of grounds, building floor systems, common areas, and exterior of building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming hallways, stairs, and office space.
- Assists in emptying office space trash and garbage containers.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk.
- Shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice or snow buildup.
- Maintains all common areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Removes all trash and refuse from the building.
- Maintains grounds, building common areas, and exterior of the building.
- Assist Maintenance/Housekeeping Staff when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ground keeping experience with willingness to learn.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.