Job Title: Groundskeeper
Location: Towson University – Millennium Hall
Reports to: Facilities Director
Salary: $14.00-$15.00 per hour and a competitive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Grounds/Floor Technician is responsible for all the overall cleanliness and maintenance of grounds, building floor systems, common areas, and exterior of the building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and vacuuming hallways, stairs, and office space.
- Assists in emptying office space trash and garbage containers.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Cleans snow and debris from the sidewalk.
- Shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice or snow buildup.
- Maintains all common areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Removes all trash and refuse from the building.
- Maintains grounds, building common areas, and exterior of the building.
- Assist Maintenance/Housekeeping Staff when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Punctual attendance is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to work overtime during key times of operational demand is necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ground-keeping experience with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and navigate up and downstairs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.