Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Location: The Village, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Reports to: Assistant Director of Facilities Operations
Salary: $16.00 – $16.99 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, scheduling, greeting, answers and directs telephone calls, processes mail and email, and performs other clerical tasks such as typing, filing, data entry, copying and scanning. Responsibilities also include assisting with inventory management, contractor/ vendor communication, site inspections, contractor escorting, assisting with work order management, and assisting as needed with any Facilities Department functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in support the whole Facilities Team in their duties and responsibilities; creating a student first environment excelling in customer service, communication, and quality of service.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters concerning student, staff discipline and other work-related matters.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and determine purpose of callers.
- Assist with reviewing & forwarding voicemail messages.
- Answer questions about The Village.
- Serve as a resource to residents, parents, contractors, vendors, USF personnel and visitors.
- Welcome on-site vendors. Determine nature of business and update staff appropriately.
- Receive, sort, and route mail. Process outgoing mail.
- Maintain office supply inventory and coordinate office supply orders.
- Accurate recordkeeping for property files.
- Assist with Inventory Management, ordering supplies and equipment as approved.
- Assist with contractor communication, scheduling, and escorting.
- Assists with room set-ups and furniture movement for meetings, classes, events, etc.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Conducts inspections of Village building(s) and reports findings to the Assistant Director.
- Open, closing and creating work orders.
- Assist with accounts payable as needed.
- Assist with key management.
- Works mandatory overtime as needed including during turns, move-out/ move-in.
- Assist in turn, turn procedures, turn scheduling, move-out, move-in.
- Always conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and serving on an on-call maintenance rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of clerical experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams and E-mail)
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Willingness to learn and ability to lift 35-50lbs and navigate up and downstairs.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
COCM is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.