New York, NY
Job Title: Director of Housing and Residence Life
Location: City College of New York, The Towers
Reports to: Regional Manager
Compensation: $80,000.00, Onsite housing incl. utilities and on-campus parking (1-vehicle)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university. The primary responsibilities of the Director are the administrative, residence life, and facility management of a 590-bed residential community referred to as The Towers at City College. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: facility oversight, planning, and project management; fiscal oversight; client relations; supervision of employees; and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, development, and program management for residential community integrating it into the institutional culture
- Represent and provide communication about the residential community to University, owner, auditors, state/county/city housing stakeholders, and corporate staff.
- On-site coordination, communication and liaison with the University; Office of Admissions, Division of Student Affairs, Bursar’s Office, Financial Aid Office, Public Safety, etc.
- Assume accountability for the management and administrative operation of the residential community including office management, staff supervision, student development and facility management.
- Directly supervise one Assistant Director of Residence Life, one Assistant Director of Housing, one Assistant Director of Operations, and one Assistant Director of Facilities. Oversee supervision of subordinate employees in the areas of Maintenance, Operations, and Residence Life; responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable state and federal laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintain personnel documentation and process bi-weekly payroll employees.
- Oversee human resource functions such as benefits, workers compensation claims, payroll processing, hiring, training and evaluating for direct and indirect reporting staff.
- Available for emergency response at all times (unless arrangements are made with supervisor); Participation in a duty rotation and/or support of after-hours duty staff; may include response expectations at site.
- Distribute regular status reports about the residential community including a weekly site report, weekly licensing report, monthly delinquency report and/or annual operations report, monthly financial reports; providing prompt and thorough documentation for incidents that may create liability;
- Manage operating and capital budgets. Includes developing annual budget proposals, presenting budgets to University and owner for approval, ensuring all expenditures fall within budget expectations, planning for unexpected expenses, tracking and approving expenditures, accounts payable functions, submitting monthly budget variance explanations, and communicating with corporate accountant.
- Provide oversight of the accounts payable area including processing invoices for payment, tracking expenditures, containing costs and providing reports regarding expenditures.
- Remain apprised of marketing approaches to maximize occupancy; conduct annual satisfaction survey in coordination with Residence Life.
- Manage vendor/contractor relationships including negotiating for the most cost-effective and high quality services and monitoring vendor activities for contract compliance.
- Oversee facility management program including an active preventive maintenance program, promoting a culture of sustainability, a responsive maintenance ticket system with low call back volume, a well-regulated housekeeping and grounds-keeping program, inventory control and assess management, and ongoing quality improvement efforts.
- Manage annual “turn” of apartments between contracts including efficient and student-friendly move in/move out processes.
- Ensure that programs and activities implemented to meet the developmental needs of the student population; student conduct processes are consistent with best practice and CUNY regulations; supplemental enhancement opportunities are provided (i.e. dispute resolution, substance use, life skills, etc)
- Manage and improve resident service functions such as package/mail delivery, key distribution and lockouts, and other typical housing services. Design and implement effective systems and processes so excellent customer service is provided.
- Support the Institution’s summer conferences goals by administering summer housing for both students and prospective conferences guests
- Live on-site in furnished 2 bedroom apartment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in CCNY and/or CUNY committees, as assigned/appointed
- Serve as the primary conduit for CUNY institutions allowed to house residents in The Towers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Bachelors degree in Education or Business or a related field of study is specified in the Management Agreement for this site.
- 3-5 years full-time experience in higher education administration and/or student housing.
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education or Business or a related field of study is specified in the Management Agreement for this site.
- Demonstrated understanding and a strong commitment to cultural diversity
- Experience in a suburban/metropolitan university setting.
- Experience working with undergraduate student populations.
- A comprehensive understanding of student development and administrative operations including budgets, personnel, facilities, assignments, accounts payable, and billing.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondences, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- To perform this job successfully, have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook; Excel, and Word as well as basic typing skills.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.