East Stroudsburg, PA
Job Title: Custodian
Location: East Stroudsburg University – Sycamore Suites and University Ridge Apartments
Reports to: AD of Operations
Salary: $18.00-$18.50 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Custodian is responsible for overall cleanliness and maintenance of grounds, interior building, common areas, and exterior of building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming of hallways, stairwells, office spaces, and other common areas.
- Assists in emptying office trash and common area trash receptacles.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter and debris from sidewalks.
- Maintains all common areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in moving furniture in and out of student rooms and between buildings.
- Cleans and prepares units at resident turnover
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Custodial experience with willingness to learn.
- Ability to lift 35-50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Must have troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.