Bowling Green, OH
Job Title: Custodian
Location: Bowling Green State University
Reports to: Assistant Director of Operations
Salary: $11.25 – $11.80 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COCM has a Custodian position opening at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, OH. COCM manages three buildings on campus which include Centennial Hall, Falcon Heights and Falcon Landing. This position will mainly work Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM (1-hour lunch) with occasional variable hours. The position requires a rotation of on-call responsibilities and some weekends. Work schedule is assigned by the Assistant Director of Operations and can change based on the community’s needs at any time. This position pays $11.25 – $11.80 per hour with health, dental, and vision insurance. The Custodian is primarily responsible, as part of a team, for overall cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the building projecting a student focused and professional image with all interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to support the Facilities Team in their duties and responsibilities; creating a student first environment excelling in customer service, communication, and quality of service.
- Clean common areas which include, but are not limited, to: halls, stairways, public restrooms, lounges, elevators, laundry room, trash rooms, corridors, kitchens, etc.
- Clean and sanitize public restrooms, including replenishing bathroom supplies.
- Sweep, scrub, and mop floors as well as vacuuming rugs and carpeting.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, as well as extract carpeting and upholstered furniture.
- Clean and dust furniture.
- Dispose of trash and recyclables inside and outside of the buildings.
- Assist with seasonal snow removal around 15 feet around exterior entrances.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows, door panels, and sills.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings and events.
- Use and maintain assigned equipment: floor scrubber, dry carpet extractor, pressure washer, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees.
- Follow instructions and safety procedures regarding the use of chemicals and supplies.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools.
- Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Must have the ability to travel between buildings to complete task as needed. Traveling between buildings could occur multiple times per day.
- Respond to emergencies when necessary while on the on-call rotation (within 30-minute response time).
- Complete all items on Daily Cleaning Checklist.
- Responsible for cleaning apartments and units prior to move in, or during a facilities emergency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two to three years of relevant experience and expertise in janitorial, custodial, and/or cleaning services as well as in generally accepted janitorial/custodial practices.
- Previous experience working within a custodial program in student housing campus facilities or hospitality management industry.