Job Title: Custodial Maintenance Lead
Location: Campus Corner Apartments at Green River College
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Salary: $18.00 – $23.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Custodial Maintenance Lead is responsible for leading all aspects of custodial, housekeeping, and curb appeal efforts under the direction and supervision of the Maintenance Manager. The role also supports facility maintenance, renovation and repair at the site. The Custodial Maintenance Lead participates in an on-call duty rotation for maintenance emergencies which includes weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Maintenance Manager in overall maintenance for CCA; serves as the facility contact in the absence of the Manager.
- Provide direct leadership for work order administration, janitorial maintenance, and student staffing when applicable; participants in project management, turn coordination and overall curb appeal efforts.
- Lead daily maintenance and cleaning of office spaces, community spaces, and community restrooms.
- Conduct daily site inspections and bi-monthly apartment inspections.
- Assist with ground maintenance as needed or assigned.
- Remove snow from parking lots, walkways, and patios with plow, snow blower, and shovels as required.
Facility Maintenance Support:
- Complete interior and exterior maintenance programs to ensure quality repairs.
- Respond to all resident maintenance requests within 24 hours.
- Perform furniture repairs, appliance repairs, HVAC repairs, electrical repairs, and general repairs.
- Assess the cause of plumbing issues (leaks, clogs, floods) and make appropriate repairs.
- Perform drywall repair and appropriate painting as needed.
- Participate in and implement a preventative maintenance program to ensure that all apartment and office space systems are regularly inspected and maintained.
- Provide on-call response for maintenance emergencies 24/7 as needed within a rotating schedule with the Manager.
- Other duties assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and serving on an on-call maintenance rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ability to work in various weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Ability to work with various heights (ladders, roof assessment, lifts)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two to three years of apartment maintenance experience. Experience in college student housing operations is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Customer service skills responding promptly to customer needs; response to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
COCM is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.