San Marcos, CA
Job Title: Coordinator for Leasing and Marketing
Location: COCM at California State University San Marcos
Reports to: Assistant Director of Marketing and Licensing
Salary: $60,000.00- $65,000.00 per year and comprehensive benefits package.
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Coordinator for Leasing and Marketing assists with all licensing, marketing, and renewal activities for CSUSM Housing (The Quad) including tours and is familiar with rates and the leasing process. Duties include but are not limited to data entry, file creation and management and project-based work. In addition, the team member will coordinate front desk responsibilities. Duties include but are not limited to greeting visitors, answering and directing telephone calls, processing mail, and performing other clerical tasks such as typing, filing and copying. Assists with conferences and reserves space. Directly supervises Desk Assistants, coordinates desk schedule, and provides coverage as needed. Position works under the direction of the Assistant Director of Marketing & Licensing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Licensing & Marketing Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides information and publications about licensing, renewing, license cancellation, and other occupancy issues to callers and on-site visitors.
- Assists with all licensing events including info sessions presentations, open house tours, special program nights, and open licensing.
- Assists with all marketing efforts which includes assisting with social media management.
- Receives payments and issues receipts.
- Answers basic account questions from residents
- Assists with all move-in and move-out procedures.
- Assists with posting and executing payments as they relate to licensing and other fees.
Front Desk Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters all new resident information into spreadsheets and databases as required.
- Reads, responds to and/or forwards messages in multiple email accounts.
- Assists with resident mailings such as move in letters, renewal confirmations, and move out letters.
- Creates and maintains new resident files with attention to accuracy and accountability.
- Supervises 5-6 Desk Assistants.
- Creates and manages resident files.
- Assists with accounts receivable and accounts payable by purchasing and reconciling bills received from vendors.
- Provides coverage for front desk when necessary.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail; checks in student mail and contacts students.
- Processes outgoing/incoming mail
- Audits keys
- Maintains basic office equipment, such as copiers and faxes, including arranging for service and assists users with the equipment.
- Sends faxes as well as retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Operates computer terminal to input and retrieve data.
- Operates office machines such as computers, adding, calculating, and copiers.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints/orders office forms, marketing material and other documents ensuring ample supply is always available.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, room checks, and phone calls
- Ensures office is tidy and well organized.
- Projects a customer focused and professional image through in-person, online and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years’ clerical experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one- on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including photocopier, fax, and telephone. Basic
- typing and filing skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.