Job Title: Assistant Director of Marketing and Leasing
Location: The Continuum
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: $35,000.00 and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Leasing requires the ability to initiate conversations and represent COCM, the University of Florida, and Provident Resource Group in a positive light with the goal of encouraging prospective residents to live at The Continuum. The Assistant Director of Marketing and Leasing works under the direction of the Director. Responsibilities in the position are numerous. The primary tasks are customer relations/service, overseeing leasing efforts, site-marketing programs, and participating on site and campus events in representation of The University of Florida and COCM. The AD of Marketing and Leasing also needs to be able to handle the various needs of the office while maintaining confidentiality. This includes responsibility for overseeing all tasks associated with assignments, accounts receivable and residents’ accounts.
Description of Duties
- Coordinate and design marketing promotions including, but not limited to, email/e-blasts, print ads, internet ads, and social media.
- Collaborate with management to update and maintain website.
- Design, update, and maintain company signage.
- Attend promotional and community events.
- Create and implement a Strategic Marketing Plan.
- Rental Management
- Walk through of property with applicants (move in and move out).
- Manage online Ads.
- Set up and attend rental showings.
- Oversee distribution of all marketing materials for the community through University Open Houses, Preview Days, Orientation and other planned University events.
- Monitors renewals. Distributes and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Participates in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Assists in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distributes notices, updates, and communication to residents as necessary.
- Assists in monitoring social media platforms for the community and other competitors. All content exudes the professional community atmosphere of (insert partner institution).
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Director.
- Maintains a professional, yet friendly, the atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Inspects “market ready” vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness; In addition to submitting work orders as needed to maintenance staff.
- Opens and closes the model(s) daily, ensuring it/they are ready to show each morning and fully closed each evening.
- Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a client call, irate resident, service request, etc.
- Greet prospective residents, qualifies, determines needs and preferences, and professionally presents community while communicating features and benefits.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the Director for marketing the community and for improving resident satisfaction. Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Occasionally perform external market outreach at nearby businesses, organizations, etc.
- Demonstrates community and apartment/model and applies product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; closes the sale.
- Request and pursue new applications. Accept, process, and file applications.
- Maintain rosters with application and resident data.
- Follow up with prospective residents in a timely fashion.
- Secure new resident signature(s) on appropriate paperwork before move-in. Orients new residents to the community.
- Oversee all aspects of the contract process; handle contract preparations mailings and filing.
- Assist with application and contract audits.
- Answer questions about the Occupancy Agreement/leases & living in the community.
- Organize and conduct tours of the community.
- Receives telephone inquiries and in-person visits. Listens to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly completes maintenance service requests and informs the maintenance team of items needing prompt attention.
- Answers questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follows up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters, and/or informs Director.
- Maintains open communication with Management Team.
- Contributes to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assists in planning resident functions and encourages resident interactions. Attends functions and participates as host for any functions as directed by the Director.
- Check, reply and forward e-mails received.
- Maintain and use office equipment as needed: fax, phone, postage, copier, scanner and computer.
- Perform clerical duties as needed: filing, photocopying, collating, etc.
- Manage work orders: write requests, and forward as needed, etc.
- Maintain/update office documents such as resident floor chart roster, publication forms,
- Be a customer service representative of the community.
- Consult with a supervisor before discussing community-related issues with the press (University, local, or national).
- Supervise Leasing Assistant staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist in the collection of resident payments, including issuing receipts, completion of daily deposits and batch work.
- Coordinate data entry of receipts and charges to student accounts.
- Coordinate all mailings to residents, such as contracts, arrival information, cancellation, reminders, collection notices etc.
- Maintain/update office documents such as resident roster, publication forms, rent roll etc.
- Check residents in and out of apartments and manage appropriate paperwork.
- Coordinate, with the Director, the daily deposits of accounts receivable.
- Provide accurate records with regards to past due accounts and assist in the collection of past due.
- Update Rent Roll report as needed.
- Notify Director of any change in occupancy or assignments.
- Coordinate the input and payment of Accounts Payable items before approval by Director. Assist with the management of all site Accounts Payable items.
- Track all lockouts and process charges for all lock changes and lost keys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in related.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to operate a multi-line telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, and community software.
- A positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Experience in the Student Housing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary commensurate on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.