Job Title: Assistant Director of Marketing and Leasing
Location: 929 Apartments servicing Johns Hopkins Medical School in Baltimore, MD
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 and competitive benefits package.
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Leasing requires the ability to initiate conversations and represent COCM, the Johns Hopkins Medical School, and East Baltimore Development, Inc. in a positive light with the goal of encouraging prospective residents to live at 929 Apartments. The Assistant Director of Marketing and Leasing works under the direction of the Director. Responsibilities in the position are numerous. The primary tasks are customer relations/service, overseeing leasing efforts, site-marketing programs, and participating in on-site events. The AD of Marketing and Leasing also needs to be able to handle the various needs of the office while maintaining confidentiality. This includes responsibility for overseeing all tasks associated with assignments, accounts receivable, and residents’ accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and design marketing promotions including, but not limited to, email/e-blasts, print ads, internet ads, social media content, and follow-up.
- Collaborate with management to update and maintain the website.
- Design, update and maintain company signage.
- Attend promotional and community events.
- Create and implement a Strategic Marketing Plan.
- Rental Management
- Walkthrough of property with applicants (move in and move out).
- Manage online Ads.
- Set up and attend rental showings.
- Oversee distribution of all marketing materials for the community.
- Monitors renewals. Distributes and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Participates in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Assists in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distributes notices, updates, and communication to residents as necessary.
- Assists in monitoring social media platforms for the community and other competitors. All content exudes the professional community atmosphere of (insert partner institution).
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Schedule and participate in resident activities
- Maintains a professional, yet the friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Inspects “market ready” vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness; In addition to submitting work orders as needed to maintenance staff.
- Opens and closes the model(s) daily, ensuring it/they are ready to show each morning and fully closed each evening.
- Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a client call, irate resident, service request, etc.
- Greet prospective residents, qualifies, determines needs and preferences, and professionally presents the community while communicating features and benefits.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the Director for marketing the community and for improving resident satisfaction. Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Occasionally perform external market outreach at nearby businesses, organizations, etc.
- Demonstrates community and apartment/model and applies product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; closes the sale.
- Request and pursue new applications. Accept, process, and file applications.
- Maintain rosters with application and resident data.
- Assistants with housing assignment process.
- Follow up with prospective residents in a timely fashion.
- Secure new resident signature(s) on appropriate paperwork before move-in. Orients new residents to the community.
- Oversee all aspects of the contract process; handle contract preparations mailings and filing.
- Assist with application and contract audits.
- Answer questions about the Occupancy Agreement/leases & living in the community.
- Organize and conduct tours of the community.
- Receives telephone inquiries and in-person visits. Listens to resident requests, concerns, and comments.
- Quickly completes maintenance service requests and informs the maintenance team of items needing prompt attention.
- Answers questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follows up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters, and/or informs Director.
- Maintains open communication with Management Team.
- Contributes to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on a continuing basis.
- Assists in planning resident functions and encourages resident interactions. Attends functions and participates as host for any functions as directed by the Director.
- Check, reply and forward e-mails received.
- Maintain and use office equipment as needed: fax, phone, postage, copier, scanner, and computer.
- Perform clerical duties as needed: filing, photocopying, collating, etc.
- Manage work orders: write requests, and forward as needed, etc.
- Maintain/update office documents such as resident floor chart roster, publication forms,
- Be a customer service representative of the community.
- Consult with a supervisor before discussing community-related issues with the press (University, local, or national).
- Supervise Leasing Assistant staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist in the collection of resident payments, including issuing receipts, completion of daily deposits, and batch work.
- Coordinate data entry of receipts and charges to student accounts.
- Coordinate all mailings to residents, such as contracts, arrival information, cancellation, reminders, collection notices etc.
- Maintain/update office documents such as resident roster, publication forms, rent roll, etc.
- Check residents in and out of apartments and manage appropriate paperwork.
- Coordinate, with the Director of Operations with the daily deposits of accounts receivable.
- Provide accurate records with regards to past due accounts and assist in the collection of past due.
- Update Rent Roll report as needed.
- Notify the Director of Operations of any change in occupancy or assignments.
- Coordinate the input and payment of Accounts Payable items before approval by Director. Assist with the management of all site Accounts Payable items.
- Track all lockouts and process charges for all lock changes and lost keys.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Some weekend work is necessary. Will know in advance when they are scheduled.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to operate a multi-line telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, and community software.
- A positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.